Wedding Bouquet Emulsion Substitution

Baking By bvwilliams Updated 14 Apr 2018 , 1:57am by bvwilliams

bvwilliams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bvwilliams Posted 10 Apr 2018 , 3:58am
post #1 of 8

Hello.  I want to make the Sugar Shack's buttercream recipe.  I've never made it before so I want to give it a try.  The only problem is I don't have any Wedding Bouquet and I need the buttercream for next week.  

I think her instructions say that any flavoring can be used in the appropriate amounts.  So since her recipe calls for 4 tablespoons of Wedding Bouquet, does that mean I can substitute any flavoring as long as it totals 4 tablespoons?  For example: 2 Tbsp vanilla extract, 1Tbsp of butter extract and 1 Tbsp of almond extract?  Or maybe 2 tablespoons each of vanilla and butter extracts?  It just seems like a lot of extract to me.  Any ideas?  

Also, what's your preference?  Do you like the taste of wedding bouquet?  I've heard it's good and also that it's awful.  So I rather play it safe and go with extracts, but I'm just not sure how much extract compares to the wedding bouquet. I'm still assuming it just needs to equal 4 tbsp.

Thanks for any help.

7 replies
WYBee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WYBee Posted 10 Apr 2018 , 5:09am
post #2 of 8

I always use at least a Tablespoon of vanilla in each batch of buttercream. I've never tried wedding bouquet, and I'm a little nervous to. I have used Bridal Blend from Global Sugar Art and I love the flavor of it. Unfortunately I'm allergic to something in it. Last time I used it, my tongue started swelling and my throat felt weird so I dumped out the rest of it and took a lot of benadryl.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 10 Apr 2018 , 4:44pm
post #3 of 8

I always add flavorings based upon taste, but if the recipe calls for four tablespoons, then that is probably the right amount, or near it.  Don't hold a knife to my throat, but I've heard that the Wedding Bouquet is a combination of Vanilla, Almond and Lemon extracts.  Based upon taste, I believe that to be accurate.  And it is a delicious combination!  If I were making it, I would use two parts Vanilla to one part each Almond and Lemon extracts.  Wouldn't hurt to throw in a little Butter flavoring, too.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 11 Apr 2018 , 7:22pm
post #4 of 8

I answered this on the other post.......try using 1 part vanilla; 1/2 part butter and 1/4 part almond.   You can then add 1/4 part of citrus of your choice. 

bvwilliams Posted 11 Apr 2018 , 10:24pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks everyone.  I've never tasted Wedding Bouquet before so I didn't know how concentrated it is.  I just wanted to make sure that 4 tablespoons of extract (any flavor) is the equivalent to 4 tablespoons of wedding bouquet and won't make the frosting too strong or too weak as far as taste goes.  Thanks again. I'll give your suggestions a try.

bvwilliams Posted 11 Apr 2018 , 10:28pm
post #6 of 8

One more question.  If Wedding Bouquet is a combination of extracts (almond, vanilla, butter and/or citrus), what gives it that opaque milky white color? My extracts are clear or brown in color.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 12 Apr 2018 , 3:28am
post #7 of 8

I can't really answer that question, but all of my emulsions are opaque instead of translucent or transparent, like extracts.

bvwilliams Posted 14 Apr 2018 , 1:57am
post #8 of 8

I guess that's it.  I'm used to using extracts.  I've never used emulsions before.  I guess it doesn't matter as long as the taste is there. Thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%