My Business Dilemma

Business By DDarkey Updated 11 Apr 2018 , 2:34pm by -K8memphis

DDarkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DDarkey Posted 9 Apr 2018 , 12:56am
post #1 of 4

Hello

The name of my cake decorating business is Cakes By Kerry. Overtime, I found myself wanting to do more. Apart from cakes, I sell gumpaste flowers. In light of this, I want to expand as time goes by in the following areas:

• Gumpaste flowers
  • Gumpaste figures
  • Start a Youtube channel with tutorials ranging from gumpaste flowers, cakes etc
  • A blog
  • Launch products that will help solve a need for fellow cake decorators

Yes, I know this sounds like much, but I’m passionate about the craft. As a result, I see a need for a change of my business name etc. I see the change from an angle of enhancing my ‘business brand.’

I have an idea of names something along the line of Sugar. However, when it comes to Social media presence such as Youtube, Instagram, Facebook etc. I want everything to flow – no conflict.

For instance, I will be targeting two sets of clients/audience:

My cakes ( normal household persons and corporate clients)
My tutorials, gumpaste flowers, gumpaste figures (fellow cake decorators)
My blog (both audiences)

So when the various ventures are done on for example via Facebook, I want to maintain a professional presence with no conflict.

Any suggestions will be appreciated as the services I will be offering targets two audiences. How can I streamline?

Thanks

Kerry

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Apr 2018 , 4:26pm
post #2 of 4

cakes and more by kerry  -- ta dah!

do I get a prize -- blush

DDarkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DDarkey Posted 11 Apr 2018 , 12:59am
post #3 of 4

Hello

Thank you for the response. This name sounds interesting - think I may lean towards it...I was also thinking along the line of to have or not have my first name as part of my business name/business name for social media pages.

Also, the second part of my question, could you give a suggestion for instance, when you have time can you check out Sugared Productions, Design me a Cake, Crumbs Avenue, just to name a few. Apart from cakes, these cake designers also do tutorials etc so there are two audiences - cake designers and their cake decorating customers I would assume. If I am correct, there are responses from their fans and not so much their customers - 2 separate audience.

Any advice will be appreciated.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Apr 2018 , 2:34pm
post #4 of 4

idk -- you will have crossover people too -- it's just a case by case thing that you respond to and handle -- not exactly sure what you mean

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%