Anyone Else Seeing The Overload Of Adds?

Lounge By gscout73 Updated 9 Apr 2018 , 1:54am by cakefan92

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 6 Apr 2018 , 12:00pm
post #1 of 11

Yesterday I popped in and instantly the homepage shrunk and there were top-to-bottom vertical adds on both sides and across the top. Moving my mouse caused them to play which was distracting. Each subsequent page had the same experience: started as full size/window, but in a couple of seconds shrunk down and the monstrous adds. These draw attention away from the site content for which I came in the first place.  I deleted my browsing history, came back, and still those pesky adds. I'll gladly pay $1 per month/$12 year to not see those distracting adds since it causes the site content to shrink. I understand abut wanting to generate income to support the site, server, software, etc. But I'm not liking this new experience.

10 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 Apr 2018 , 12:56pm
post #2 of 11

yeah it's kinda weird

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 6 Apr 2018 , 1:06pm
post #3 of 11

YES!  Almost impossible to do or see anything!  I hate it!  It is not just distracting, the adds are covering all the options for viewing the page.  If this continues, I'm out of here.

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 6 Apr 2018 , 1:53pm
post #4 of 11

Thank you for reporting your experience.  We started having a glitch with one of the ad delivery providers and are addressing it now.

-K8memphis Posted 6 Apr 2018 , 2:33pm
post #5 of 11

thank you!

-K8memphis Posted 6 Apr 2018 , 4:31pm
post #6 of 11

mine is now in & out of normal -- the previous forum page that lists all the recent posts was normal -- now as I am writing an answer -- it's the ads all over view -- if that helps you guys any -- and thanks again

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 6 Apr 2018 , 4:52pm
post #7 of 11

Thanks, Heath!  It is still awful!

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 6 Apr 2018 , 5:08pm
post #8 of 11

Thank you, Heath!!! Thought I fell into the Twilight Zone or something... lol

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 7 Apr 2018 , 1:39am
post #9 of 11

Thank you all for reporting the weird ad stuff going on. We had some new sponsored ad campaigns that started delivering last night and today.

We have been working with the ad network, and have just rolled out an update.

The big takeovers should not show to logged in users. If you are still seeing them while logged in, try again in 30 minutes - 1 hour from this post, as it may take a bit of time for caches on the edge servers to clear out.

Thanks!

thecanadian160 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecanadian160 Posted 7 Apr 2018 , 7:56pm
post #10 of 11

I keep eyeing up the Nduja on amazon that keeps showing up- I think I'm going to have to pull the trigger on that on :-)

cakefan92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefan92 Posted 9 Apr 2018 , 1:54am
post #11 of 11

Now they're showing up in the middle of the forum posts.  It's bad enough on facebook, but here it's just irritating as can be.  I've unfollowed sites before because of the ads. I'd hate to do that but this is getting ridiculous.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%