Vegan Cake Decorating/baking/ Possible Business

Decorating By smashleec Updated 4 Apr 2018 , 9:31pm by rychevamp

smashleec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smashleec Posted 4 Apr 2018 , 11:38am
post #1 of 6

Are there any vegan bakers/cake decorators out there? I have been baking and decorating cakes for a long time now but I have recently gone vegan. I basically stopped doing any fun baking and decorating for a little while. I am now looking to start getting back into this! I know I can find a lot of actual baking recipes online easily, but I was wondering more about the actual decorating part! What are some good vegan fondants, icings, are all sprinkles vegan, etc!

There is an amazing commercial kitchen rental in my are and I was looking at maybe starting something on the side and then went vegan and thought that idea went out the window. But now I think I would like to figure out how to make my same stuff, but vegan, and do something on the side with that :D Any help would be AMAZING

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Apr 2018 , 12:55pm
post #2 of 6

good luck with that -- this is a great vegan baking book -- you probably already have it -- best to you

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001RO6P8E/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

kcp2264 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcp2264 Posted 4 Apr 2018 , 1:19pm
post #3 of 6

K8memphis, you are always so helpful- I'm going to grab this (and there are 2 more books affiliated with this one) for my daughter- as she is starting to bake all things vegan! 

smashleec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smashleec Posted 4 Apr 2018 , 2:46pm
post #4 of 6

ooo that is actually one that I haven't seen before! Thank you :)

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Apr 2018 , 3:30pm
post #5 of 6

kcp2264 and smashleec -- cool! thank you -- and I mean these come out like awesome cupcakes -- not like awesome vegan cupcakes -- they are just really good -- yay!

best baking to you both blush

rychevamp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rychevamp Posted 4 Apr 2018 , 9:31pm
post #6 of 6

While I'm not vegan, I have had several requests for vegan wedding cakes.

This book was helpful when I got my first one. Pure Artistry

And this one has plenty of info Modern Vegan Baking

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%