Gold Candy Melts Help

Decorating By smile22 Updated 26 Mar 2018 , 11:46am by smile22

smile22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smile22 Posted 25 Mar 2018 , 1:38pm
post #1 of 6

I have an order coming up for cake pops she wants some of them gold does any of the chocolate melt brands make gold? If not how can I get that gold look thanks 

5 replies
ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 25 Mar 2018 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 6

I don't think, or I've never seen gold candy melts. You can get them gold by buying an edible, food safe gold food color and painting them after they have been dipped, or a gold food spray like Wilton. 

smile22 Posted 25 Mar 2018 , 4:24pm
post #3 of 6

How would i paint it on do you need some type of liquid to mix with it 

ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 25 Mar 2018 , 5:01pm
post #4 of 6

If you're using food color, a little vodka or lemon extract. I've used clear vanilla, too. Just a small drop or 2, mix well, and use a brand new paint brush. 

Cake-Monster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake-Monster Posted 26 Mar 2018 , 3:47am
post #5 of 6

I would just spray them gold with a can of Wilton color mist. If you haven't done the painting technique before, spraying with a ready to go can might be better for this since it's an order and you don't want to stress yourself out.

smile22 Posted 26 Mar 2018 , 11:46am
post #6 of 6

Thanks a video I saw on YouTube the person used non Stick spray and then pAinted on the gold. I saw several videos so I’m confident it will work. I’ll buy the gold spray as back up I always make extra pops so if the first one does not come out I’ll use the spray 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%