Need Custom Cutter/stamp

Decorating By shiney Updated 30 May 2018 , 5:57pm by SandraSmiley

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 13 Mar 2018 , 9:02pm
post #1 of 60

I am desperately searching for someone to customize a fondant press/cutter to match a wedding dress pattern. I've tried Dvash on Etsy, Sweet Savanna, and JB Cookie Cutters, with no luck. Does anyone know how I can get this done?

59 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Mar 2018 , 9:26pm
post #2 of 60

can you make it yourself??  with making a mold and some cutters or something?

shiney Posted 13 Mar 2018 , 9:29pm
post #3 of 60

I could use a cutter, it's a diamond shape, but don't know how to go about making a mold , it's a lacy type detail on the dress.

-K8memphis Posted 13 Mar 2018 , 9:43pm
post #4 of 60

well i'll tell you one way -- ok maybe two ways -- but these work only if you have some of the lace which unless the dress was made you don't have an actual sample -- so just tell me if you have any of the lace or just a picture -- save me typing if you don't :)

can you post the picture if you have it?

shiney Posted 13 Mar 2018 , 9:46pm
post #5 of 60

I can't figure out how to post a pic of it. No, we don't have a sample, but if there's a way to make a mold, I would settle for a pattern 'close enough'

shiney Posted 13 Mar 2018 , 9:47pm
post #6 of 60

I meant, mold or press

-K8memphis Posted 13 Mar 2018 , 11:36pm
post #7 of 60

hard to say without looking at it -- but I understand the picture posting thing can be challenging

shiney Posted 14 Mar 2018 , 12:45pm
post #8 of 60

Need Custom Cutter/stamp

-K8memphis Posted 14 Mar 2018 , 2:19pm
post #9 of 60

girl that's so easy! can you pipe? even if you can't those are just roses, leaves, blossoms, some x's, daisies & diamonds -- oh you got this easy peasy --

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 14 Mar 2018 , 3:49pm
post #10 of 60

Haha, -K8memphis, you statement reveals what a pro you are!  Easy, peasy!!  I can make a realistic rose from gum paste, but I would have a heart attack on the spot if I had to pipe this design!  I love beautiful buttercream and royal piping, but I sure can't do it!

shiney Posted 14 Mar 2018 , 4:37pm
post #11 of 60

I forgot to mention, this is on cookies, I can't pipe RI and keep them consistent.  I use RBC on my cookies so I wanted a consistent press :(

-K8memphis Posted 14 Mar 2018 , 5:41pm
post #12 of 60

https://www.globalsugarart.com/rose-motif-pre-made-edible-lace-pieces.html

and if you can buy pre-made that means a lace mold exists -- it's not the tastiest though for a cookie -- but you can get silicone molds to create the vibe on that dress -- so you get that and cut it up into what you need -- no it is not exact

but actually you need to narrow down which area of the lace pattern do you  want on the cookie -- but check out molds and stuff -- you probably won't find this exact pattern -- but break it down into the different pieces -- this pattern is most do-able -- 

i'll look some more later too -- and I hope some other people look for you -- my dog is fine but he got attacked by the neighbor's big dog who was not on a leash and it's been one of those days -- so i'm a little spent today --

but feel good about this pattern -- you can find silicone molds to put this altogether -- but section off the area you want on the cookie and how many are you doing? and you could do a slice of the pattern -- not center it on the cookie kwim?

shiney Posted 14 Mar 2018 , 6:02pm
post #13 of 60

oh, ok, I see what you're saying.  Yes, I could probably find a rose motif lace press or impression (whatever it's called) and use in a diamond shape and that would work!  Then all I have to do is use a scalloped cutter to  cut out the arms and neck similar to this dress (doesn't show on this pic).  Your thoughts?

-K8memphis Posted 14 Mar 2018 , 6:28pm
post #15 of 60

my thoughts are -- they better be paying you like $15 or more per cookie -- how big are your cookies -- how many are you doing?

use a heart cookie cutter 

-K8memphis Posted 14 Mar 2018 , 6:45pm
post #17 of 60

https://www.globalsugarart.com/winterthur-hearts-cookie-cutter-and-stencil-set-by-designer-stencils.html

see with this one -- you'd have to cut it a bit to get your shape more distinctly -- see it there? the one on the right and cut out some of the dividers there to make the surrounding petals bigger --

remember you're creating an illusion of the real thing --

-K8memphis Posted 14 Mar 2018 , 6:54pm
post #19 of 60

for the scalloped trim -- and I mean it might be to scale -- it probably isn't but what you wanna do is create a recognizable form of it -- if it was me i'd use those two stencils -- cut and combine them into your pattern and add a little lattice and a few daisises -- that's a ton of pattern to put on the random cookie unless it's seven or eight inches big -- 

the heart shape cookie is like a dress bodice so that's why i'd just go with that for the shape --

getting any workable ideas?

-K8memphis Posted 14 Mar 2018 , 7:01pm
post #20 of 60

oh whoops forgot the scalloped trim stencil

https://www.globalsugarart.com/ric-rac-pattern-cookie-stencil-by-designer-stencils.html

and I mean you can use a misting squirt bottle to apply air brush color or use spray paint edible of course

shiney Posted 14 Mar 2018 , 7:33pm
post #21 of 60

no payment, my daughter's wedding, so of course I want them to look GOOD

shiney Posted 14 Mar 2018 , 7:33pm
post #22 of 60

yes, I'm thinking heart cookie

shiney Posted 14 Mar 2018 , 7:48pm
post #23 of 60

That mother one is perfect, I can work with that.  I suppose I'd have to spray, and not press, but I can figure that out.  I think it's ok if it's not neat lines, with this pattern, I use cans I don't have airbrush.    Oh my gosh thanks so much!!  I think I can press criss-cross bars (if that makes sense) to make the diamond around it,  without the middle round/snowflake-like shapes, I know it's not exact,  but it's a representation

-K8memphis Posted 14 Mar 2018 , 8:04pm
post #24 of 60

right right right -- you got this! yes a representation -- will be gorgeous -- made with all that passion that fills a mom when the munchkin has the big day -- so happy for you -- lemme know if I can help in any other way :)

best to you and family and best of the best to the new couple

shiney Posted 14 Mar 2018 , 8:13pm
post #25 of 60

Thanks so much!!!

TruCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TruCake Posted 15 Mar 2018 , 1:56am
post #26 of 60

Check this out for helping with the lace aspect:  

I think you will be able to make the design with piping tips.  Just saw it and read what your looking for.

There is also a mold you make can even get at JoAnns, or Michael's that has a flat rose and some other patters on it.  But it looks like what your needing.  I don't know how experienced you are but there are some cool lace mats that would be perfect for what your looking for.

Good luck! And hope this helps.

shiney Posted 15 Mar 2018 , 12:59pm
post #27 of 60

wow, that's beautiful!  thanks. Do you know what the mold is called at JoAnns or Michaels?

shiney Posted 15 Mar 2018 , 1:01pm
post #28 of 60

K8memphis,

How's your dog doing?

TruCake Posted 15 Mar 2018 , 3:05pm
post #29 of 60

If you look in the stores mentioned...they carry very few, what I call usable molds.  What to look for is the rectangle molds they are in pink, yellow, blue and green.  Below is what I am speaking of.  Lace mats Aliexpress, or DHgate has great prices if you can wait for them. If not hit up a professional baking store..

Sorry if the pic is huge!

Need Custom Cutter/stamp 

TruCake Posted 15 Mar 2018 , 3:06pm
post #30 of 60

If you look in the stores mentioned...they carry very few, what I call usable molds.  What to look for is the rectangle molds they are in pink, yellow, blue and green.  Below is what I am speaking of.  Lace mats Aliexpress, or DHgate has great prices if you can wait for them. If not hit up a professional baking store..

Sorry if the pic is huge!

Need Custom Cutter/stamp 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%