That Moment You Know Your Child Will Be Spending All Their Future Pocket Money At The Cake Shop (Replacing Your Stuff!)

Lounge By bubs1stbirthday Updated 10 Mar 2018 , 10:58pm by -K8memphis

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 10 Mar 2018 , 1:28am
post #1 of 7

Hubby and I were out the back cleaning up our back porch...............

Come in to find Miss 5 'making a cake' with ALL of my flavourings,shimmers and colours. At about $6 to $9 a pop that is one expensive 'cake'!

Hopefully she will become a cake decorator in the near future so she can pay me back the $120 - $150 or so it's going to cost me to replace them.

On the plus side, I now have to plan a big trip to my cake shop haha - little bugger!

That Moment You Know Your Child Will Be Spending All Their Future Pocket Money At The Cake Shop (Replacing Your Stuff!)

6 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 10 Mar 2018 , 1:49am
post #2 of 7

I wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry.  She does look adorable (big smile).

whatthedogate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whatthedogate Posted 10 Mar 2018 , 2:05am
post #3 of 7

Oh my! You have the patience of a saint.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 10 Mar 2018 , 3:24pm
post #4 of 7

oh that pretty red hair -- looks like my girl 34 years ago ha!

she's just following in your footsteps -- not to mention maybe feeding a sweet tooth? and speaking of children following in our footsteps albeit early/unsupervised -- at two my son was in the bedroom carefully icing the beside table top -- and to this day i'm so glad I didn't scold him -- he was doing what mommy does -- nothing wrong with that right? I just explained -- agh no not on the table, dude --

32 years later he actually is helping cook at a homeless shelter in his spare time -- so proud of that

do you think she's got some creative juices that need a place to flow, mom?

cutiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutiger Posted 10 Mar 2018 , 3:39pm
post #5 of 7

That is one of those times you just have to remember that memories are priceless!  And your daughter is precious, by the way!

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 10 Mar 2018 , 8:15pm
post #6 of 7

Haha, she is always in to some kind of mischief when my back is turned. I am just so glad that it was mostly contained in either the bowl, sugar container or flour container and the whole kitchen wasn't a completely colourful mess lol.

One morning when I was pregnant with our second I came out and found her eating what I thought was a vegemite roll. I snuck back to bed for a few minutes before guilt got the better of me.

When I got up and went back out and had a closer look at her she had actually spread the roll with a thick layer of blue gel paste colour and was eating it for breakfast haha.

My first reaction was an 'OMG' that brought my hubby running haha, my second was to ask my hubby to get the camera while trying not to laugh and my third was to start adding up all the empty bottles while I cleaned it up haha

Kate - that is so cute, your son icing the top of the drawers :-)  and just beautiful that he now he now cooks in a homeless shelter.... I can see why you would be proud of him! Is your little one still a red head or did her hair change colour? Yes she does love to help out with arty projects but she is also always in to some kind of trouble the minute I am not looking at her haha.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 10 Mar 2018 , 10:58pm
post #7 of 7

i'm glad your girl is doing her thing -- she just needs a little direction blush

but I love her quest for creativity -- brava, little one wave

yes my daughter is still a red head and two inches taller than me :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%