Friday Night Cake Club For 3/2/18

Decorating By kstevens Updated 6 Mar 2018 , 12:17am by jchuck

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 2 Mar 2018 , 11:57pm
post #1 of 12

Opening up another session of FNCC!  Everyone is welcome to share what they have been up to this week, post photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you are able to.

Happy Friday everyone! I hope everyone had a great week!  I had two cakes this week both of which were simple ones to do.  The first was to celebrate two birthdays in our department.  As one of the birthday girls, our secretary requested gingerbread cake as it is her favorite that I make.  Due to a lifestyle change she hasn't eaten sweets since about this time last year and was saving her first "cheat" to be for her birthday.  She's been talking about it for months so I decided to keep it about the cake (flavor) and not crazy design-wise or to use fondant.  I went with wafer paper flowers and a bit of silver leaf.  She was thrilled with it as was the other birthday girl.

The second cake was for a group of nurses getting together for a meeting.  They wanted something simply decorated with the suggestion of maybe a spring theme.  Again I went with wafer paper flowers and the butterflies are modeling chocolate. I was happy with how it turned out and they were thrilled with it!  I even got a hug from one of them ☺  

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else has been up to.

Kelly

11 replies
kstevens Posted 2 Mar 2018 , 11:58pm
post #2 of 12

kstevens Posted 2 Mar 2018 , 11:59pm
post #3 of 12

canacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
canacake Posted 3 Mar 2018 , 1:42am
post #4 of 12

My little boy turned one yesterday, so I made his first birthday cake. Can’t believe he is one! 

Friday Night Cake Club For 3/2/18Friday Night Cake Club For 3/2/18Friday Night Cake Club For 3/2/18Friday Night Cake Club For 3/2/18

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 3 Mar 2018 , 2:09pm
post #5 of 12

@kstevens as always your cakes are beautiful. That gingerbread cake sounds good.

@canacake what a cute cake. Happy Birthday to your son and yes they grow so fast.

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 3 Mar 2018 , 8:53pm
post #6 of 12

Hello everyone!

@kstevens your two "simple cakes" look amazing. Gingerbread cake sound yummy, actualy spice cake with apple filling is one of my favorite cake. I wish more people love those flavor so I could eat them more often!  Your spring cake looks so refreshing. It brings some brightness and sun is this too grey winter day!

@canacake your cake is too cute. The carterpilar is adorable! 

kstevens Posted 4 Mar 2018 , 3:08pm
post #7 of 12

@canacake very cute cake! It looks great!

@Marian64 and @Laetia thank you both for your compliments.  Simple to me means no fussing with fondant. Lol  The gingerbread cake is very tasty, forget where I found the recipe.  

canacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
canacake Posted 4 Mar 2018 , 3:19pm
post #8 of 12

Thanks, the birthday boy approved and had cake in both fists scarfing it down as fast has he could, which was smart because I didn’t let him eat all that!  I figured he would just make a mess but he was set to eat it all! 

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 4 Mar 2018 , 5:08pm
post #9 of 12

canacake......how adorable!  He's definitely enjoying that cake!

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 5 Mar 2018 , 8:34pm
post #10 of 12

Kstevens those are very bright spring cakes, nice.

canacake that's an adorable cake. 

kstevens Posted 5 Mar 2018 , 11:07pm
post #11 of 12

Thank you @MBalaska.

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 6 Mar 2018 , 12:17am
post #12 of 12

What an adorable cake canacake...and your little fella is a sweetie...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%