Update On The Gay Marriage Thing

Business By tdavis9413 Updated 20 Feb 2018 , 11:09pm by jchuck

tdavis9413 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdavis9413 Posted 17 Feb 2018 , 5:04am
post #1 of 6

So since I still cant seem to reply to messages for some strange reason (I've already emailed so hopefully it'll be fixed soon.) I'll create another post. 

I have changed my mind in regards to making gay cakes for a couple of reasons. (I am still against it as I uphold my BIBLICAL values.)  Here are my reasons that I am listing for any other aspiring Christians who want to make a living eventually from baking in their future.

1. Lying. In order to bake cakes for a living and not get sued you would either have to lie about not being available or you would have to charge a ridiculous price that they could not or would not choose to afford. Neither are good as lying is sin and liars are on the list as those who go to hell. (The second just makes you look ridiculous and someone might even agree to that crazy price.)

2. The Bible tells us that we must follow the laws of our government (probably to avoid the trouble seen by bakers getting sued as an example.) 

3. I have decided that by me baking a cake I am not agreeing with or participating in it I am simply providing a product for one of my customers as usual and following the law.

I think I will still stay away from making holiday cakes though. (and of course anything sexual.) 

I haven't read all the comments on my last post about cakes but I feel much better without this weighing on my conscience. 

Thank you to all who left comments on my last post some of you were very helpful (some weren't so much in my opinion, but that's ok. You can vent if you want I have thick skin.)

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Feb 2018 , 9:53pm
post #2 of 6

You have given us some very very good/interesting thoughts.  Yes, I agree that in the long run one might/would be lying and that is not what anyone should do.  Thanks for reminding us.  Many times some of us come up with answers that are not fully, totally thought out -- this is one of those times. 

kakeladi Posted 17 Feb 2018 , 9:53pm
post #3 of 6

You have given us some very very good/interesting thoughts.  Yes, I agree that in the long run one might/would be lying and that is not what anyone should do.  Thanks for reminding us.  Many times some of us come up with answers that are not fully, totally thought out -- this is one of those times. 

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 18 Feb 2018 , 1:47pm
post #4 of 6

Well tdavis9413

Some good points. I beg to differ with comment #1 :

”1. Lying. In order to bake cakes for a living and not get sued you would either have to lie about not being available or you would have to charge a ridiculous price that they could not or would not choose to afford. Neither are good as lying is sin and liars are on the list as those who go to hell. (The second just makes you look ridiculous and someone might even agree to that crazy price.)”

You don’t go to hell just for lying. That is certainly one of the 10 Commandments to be followed, and a undesirable trait. And of course, lying is a sin as are the rest of the other 9 Commandments. Really sin is sin is sin, there many many more sins besides the big top “10”. All sin is bad in Gods eyes. 

kakeladi Posted 20 Feb 2018 , 9:35pm
post #5 of 6

Yes, I agree that lying is a sin and could go to hell.  BUT.....God has promised to remove sin from us when we confess it in His Son's name and refrain from doing it agin and again and again. 

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 20 Feb 2018 , 11:09pm
post #6 of 6

Absolutely K8memphis. Well said. Amen..❤

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%