Friday Night Cake Club For 2/16/18

Baking By kstevens Updated 22 Feb 2018 , 7:04am by gscout73

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 16 Feb 2018 , 11:32pm
post #1 of 28

Opening up another session of FNCC!  Everyone is welcome to share what they have been up to this week, post photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you are able to.

Happy Friday everyone!  Hope you've all had a nice week and were showered with love on Valentine's Day.   It was a busy week for me and it isn't over yet.  I made two different styles of sugar cookies for Valentine's Day.  The first ones were an idea from Semi Sweet Designs.  The "XO" is made from the Ho Ho Ho cookie cutter.  They were more challenging than I had anticipated. It took me a couple attempts before I got the hang of outlining them to the point where I was happy with them.  The second style were my chemistry themed  ones.  They were a big hit with the students ☺. 

In addition to the cookies, I made cakes.  These were chocolate cake with a Bailey's cheesecake center and layers of ganache in between the layers as well as covering the cake.  The lips were made with Wilton candy melts.  I created my own sprinkle mix with an assortment that I had on hand.  

Tonight I am working on a bobble head ewok cake for my niece who is turning 11.  She has become a big Star Wars fan and initially was struggling to choose between BB-8 or a porg cake but in the end requested an ewok cake.  Fingers crossed I get my second wind to get him made!  I'll post pictures of him by Sunday.

Looking forward to seeing what you've all been up to!

Kelly

27 replies
kstevens Posted 16 Feb 2018 , 11:33pm
post #2 of 28

kstevens Posted 16 Feb 2018 , 11:34pm
post #3 of 28

kstevens Posted 16 Feb 2018 , 11:35pm
post #4 of 28

B.E.Sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
B.E.Sweetcakes Posted 17 Feb 2018 , 4:06am
post #5 of 28

These are the two cakes I did for this weekend. The ice cream drip cake was for my niece’s 13th birthday. The stranger things cake is my first fondant cake so I know it needs some improvement, but I’m proud of it anyway :) Friday Night Cake Club For 2/16/18Friday Night Cake Club For 2/16/18

thecanadian160 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecanadian160 Posted 17 Feb 2018 , 5:35am
post #6 of 28

Just finished my Paw Patrol cake. Relaxing with a beer!

thecanadian160 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecanadian160 Posted 17 Feb 2018 , 5:51am
post #7 of 28

B.E.Sweetcakes Posted 17 Feb 2018 , 5:56am
post #8 of 28

Great paw patrol cake!

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 17 Feb 2018 , 1:20pm
post #9 of 28

Good morning!

Kelly, your Valentine's sweets are seriously cute. The chemistry cookies with the little notes on them made me smile so much! 

B.E.Sweetcakes your drip cake is adorable, and you should be proud of your fondant cake. It looks pretty good for a first one! Congrats

thecanadian160 your Paw patrol cake is spot on. Well done.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 17 Feb 2018 , 6:20pm
post #10 of 28

lovely work

kstevens Posted 18 Feb 2018 , 11:18pm
post #11 of 28

@B.E.Sweetcakes great job for your first fondant cake and your drip cake looks yummy! I really like your color scheme on it too.

@thecanadian160 your Paw Patrol cake looks great!

@Laetia glad my chemistry cookies made you smile ☺

I finished my bobble head ewok cake in the wee hours of Saturday morning and was so happy with how he turned out!  I think he's a new favorite and my niece and her friends loved him.  Her reaction was worth all the time I put in to making him.  His head is marble cake with chocolate butterceam and then a layer of chocolate ganache on the outside.  The body is RKT and the arms are a modeling chocolate/fondant mixture which is also what he's covered with.  Hope you all like him too.

kstevens Posted 18 Feb 2018 , 11:19pm
post #12 of 28

B.E.Sweetcakes Posted 19 Feb 2018 , 12:31am
post #13 of 28

@kstevens That is the most adorable cake! I wish I could get you to make one for my husband, he would love it!

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 19 Feb 2018 , 1:28am
post #14 of 28

@kstevens your bobble head ewok is so fun and spot on with the real one! I just want to make his head jiggle... 

kstevens Posted 19 Feb 2018 , 2:57am
post #15 of 28

Thank you @B.E.Sweetcakes and @Laetia for the compliments.  I had an hour long drive on roads full of potholes so his head was bobbling on the drive!  It was a tad hard on my nerves!  I gave my niece the real bobble head for her birthday so they were doing the side by side comparison. Lol

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 19 Feb 2018 , 10:50am
post #16 of 28

@kstevens I love the bobble head Ewok cake, as always an amazing job. I always love your science theme goodies and those valentines cookies are no exception. 

@thecanadian160 awesome paw patrol cake. 

@B.E.Sweetcakes great job on both cakes , my favorite is the ice cream cake with the donut.

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 19 Feb 2018 , 12:43pm
post #17 of 28

Wow! Amazing Paw Patrol cake! I was too busy to be able to stop and upload pic until yesterday, and could not find this thread until now. But here is my Fri cake club work. I'm telling you it was tough. After baking all 6 layers I just was not satisfied with the cake, so trashed it and started over. Then, when working on the drapes, I first tried to put letters on first and put on the side but the letters fell off. So those had to be redone with putting the letters on after the drapes. Which would not have been so bad but the dang "E"s kept breaking. Sheesh. THEN, it was almost too heavy to carry to my car, and took 2 people to lift out and carry inside the venue.

Friday Night Cake Club For 2/16/18Friday Night Cake Club For 2/16/18

gscout73 Posted 19 Feb 2018 , 12:53pm
post #18 of 28

Kelly, your cookies ROCK! You are so creative and they are awesome!And that ewok cake, just WOW! The lips are great on top of the choc cake.  When I delivered mine Saturday morn I drove 35 mph and turns were slow motion. I need car magnets so I don't annoy other drivers.

Sweetcakes, your Stranger Things cake is perfect, and your ice cream cake looks so fun!

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 19 Feb 2018 , 12:57pm
post #19 of 28

@gscout73 your finished cake is perfect. I am sure everyone loved it.

-K8memphis Posted 19 Feb 2018 , 3:01pm
post #20 of 28

love all the stuff --

gscout73 -- wow and wow again -- that is a badge earning creation -- maybe two -- wonderful work -- love it!

kstevens Posted 19 Feb 2018 , 3:10pm
post #21 of 28

@gscout73 your cake turned out fantastic! Love the shade of green and the sheen you have on the drapes!  Where are you located?  I have an extra cake delivery car magnet that I'd be happy to send you.  You can message me privately with your address if you'd like me to send it along  ☺

gscout73 Posted 19 Feb 2018 , 3:26pm
post #22 of 28

Thank you ALL!  Kelly, I am in West Palm Beach, FL. Will deff take you up on your offer. I'll pm ya.

Sandy

-K8memphis Posted 19 Feb 2018 , 4:11pm
post #23 of 28

kstevens you're not only a great cake maker, maker of great cakes you're so sweet!

gscout73 Posted 19 Feb 2018 , 5:26pm
post #24 of 28

Quote by @-K8memphis on 1 hour ago

kstevens you're not only a great cake maker, maker of great cakes you're so sweet!

DITTO!!!!!

kstevens Posted 21 Feb 2018 , 7:32pm
post #25 of 28

Thanks @-K8memphis and @gscout73.  It will be my good deed for the week ;-)

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Feb 2018 , 10:29pm
post #26 of 28

I really enjoy coming here even tho I seldom post about the many wonderful cakes and other treats posted.   I especially like the girl scout cake!

whatthedogate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whatthedogate Posted 22 Feb 2018 , 4:07am
post #27 of 28

Love all these cakes and cookies!  You guys are so talented and inspiring!  The valentine periodic table cookies made me lol!

gscout73 Posted 22 Feb 2018 , 7:04am
post #28 of 28

Thank you, kakeladi!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%