Please Help

Baking By sweet_cravings Updated 16 Feb 2018 , 2:52pm by ypierce82

sweet_cravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_cravings Posted 15 Feb 2018 , 8:59pm
post #1 of 7

Hi 

tried chocolate cake with white chocolate chips in it .. but after baking I can see all chips r stuck at the bottom of the pan & not evenly speeded. 

Anyone has any clue why & what should have been done?? I’m so clueless. I made batter & stirred in chip using spatula.  Did I do any work?  Should I just throw away those 12” round cakes? :(((

6 replies
ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 15 Feb 2018 , 10:54pm
post #2 of 7

You're probably not going to be able to use the cakes as cake, but you can crumble it up, add icing, and make cake pops. If I'm adding any kind of chips, I use 1tbsp of flour and toss them around in it, and they don't sink to the bottom. The chips are too heavy to stay suspended, but when I dust them with flour, I don't have issues. 

sweet_cravings Posted 15 Feb 2018 , 11:01pm
post #3 of 7

Oh wow I didn't know this.. So you add 1 tbs flour to dry chips before adding to batter right?.. & how 1 tbs for how much amount of chips??

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 15 Feb 2018 , 11:18pm
post #4 of 7

If you are adding chocolate chips then you need to have a thick batter for them to be able to be held in p

If your batter is too thin then they will just sink regardless of adding flour or not to them..... that being said adding the flour to them is a good idea, just don't expect miracles if you are using a thin batter.

ypierce82 Posted 16 Feb 2018 , 12:59am
post #5 of 7

If I'm using the full bag, I do 2tbsp.You just need enough so that they are dusted well. Hope it helps a little, but find something else to use the cake for if you can't cake it lol

Quote by @sweet_cravings on 1 hour ago

Oh wow I didn't know this.. So you add 1 tbs flour to dry chips before adding to batter right?.. & how 1 tbs for how much amount of chips??

sweet_cravings Posted 16 Feb 2018 , 8:11am
post #6 of 7

Thank you so much for all your help

ypierce82 Posted 16 Feb 2018 , 2:52pm
post #7 of 7

You're welcome! My chocolate batter is very thin, and by doing this, my chips don't sink. You could also use mini chips, but I don't think they make mini white chocolate chips, but they should!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%