Shiny Glaze For Intricate Cake

Decorating By flecktone01 Updated 8 Feb 2018 , 12:05am by SecretAgentCakeBaker

flecktone01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flecktone01 Posted 7 Feb 2018 , 9:45pm
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone!

A friend of mine got me an amazing sleeping Dragon cake pan for Christmas.  I’m finally using it, and my cake is currently in the oven. The design of the cake when it comes out is very intricate and it’s not something that I have any intention of trying to frost.  What I would LIKE to do is put some sort of shiny glaze all over the cake to make it look pretty, and also to give it some protection from drying out too quickly. And I have ideas with luster dust for the eggs and thingsShiny Glaze For Intricate CakeBut as far as the glaze goes, I’m not entirely sure what kind of glaze would be clear and easy to paint onto the cake directly that would then harden or not be sticky. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Feb 2018 , 11:13pm
post #2 of 6

i use powdered sugar and lemon juice and milk -- just get it nice pouring consistency -- it sets up nice -- i would not paint it on -- i pour it on and i have a piping bag full to quickly fill in the blanks -- i'd have the cake set on a rack so the overflow runs off -- you're gonna have to tip it so the excess doesn't pool and runs of --

if you thin it enough it will be mostly clear but it's usually see through not completely clear -- and when i pour it on i'm not dainty with it -- i make a lot of glaze and pour a bunch on as wide as possible -- so it covers as thoroughly as possible -- then fill in -- if lemon won't go with your flavor cake -- just use vanilla instead

-K8memphis Posted 7 Feb 2018 , 11:48pm
post #3 of 6

and runs *off

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 7 Feb 2018 , 11:49pm
post #4 of 6

Maybe a Mirror glaze. It is made with white chocolate, you pour it on and it looks very shin. I have never made it before, but if you google, you will find lots of images and instructions. That is an awesome pan, please post a picture of your final creation. Good luck and have fun!

-K8memphis Posted 7 Feb 2018 , 11:55pm
post #5 of 6

this might be a bit of over think but anyway -- what are those little blob things there in the middle looks like fancy eggs or something -- i might cut one out, glaze it then glaze the cake so it has a hole where the glaze can run off easily then insert the egg-y thing back in -- 'cause that's kind of intricate where the glaze will pool in several opposing spots -- idk -- random thought -- no extra charge :)

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 8 Feb 2018 , 12:05am
post #6 of 6

-shiny

I keep getting errors when trying to edit.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%