Friday The 13Th Cake For A Young Child! Help!!

Decorating By sudie1 Updated 26 Jan 2018 , 3:08pm by Freckles0829

sudie1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sudie1 Posted 26 Jan 2018 , 2:37pm
post #1 of 2

I have a request to make a Friday the 13th themed cake for a FOUR YEAR OLD who loves these movies and the  Jason hockey mask, but the mom doesn't want to freak out the other children and parents too much at his party.  Any suggestions on how to do this cake without the gory details, knife, blood?  And suggestions on how to mold or make the mask? 

1 reply
Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 26 Jan 2018 , 3:08pm
post #2 of 2

What an interesting theme for a 4 year old's birthday party neutral_face

Here is a blog that discusses how they made the mask...http://yourhappybaker.blogspot.com/2010/10/friday-13th-jason-voorhees-birthday.html

As for how to keep the cake not scary for the other kids...ummmm...I would keep the focus on just the mask and then use the Friday the 13th font to spell out Happy 4th Birthday.  Possibly do a drip cake with a red icing drip?  Maybe since it isn't splattered or accompanied with a knife the drip part won't immediately resemble blood?  Or you could always do a red velvet cake as a nod to blood and then cover the cake in black fondant/icing so that the mask really stands out?  Whatever you decide I would probably clear the design with the parent just to be on the safe side.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%