Dumb Question....

Decorating By CalaMom Updated 19 Dec 2017 , 10:52am by gscout73

CalaMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CalaMom Posted 18 Dec 2017 , 5:52pm
post #1 of 4

I was thinking about decorating my gingerbread house that I made with the kids over the weekend with lights...it just seems like somethings missing. And we still have airheads (Dd loves them) leftover from around Halloween. They’re still somewhat pliable (and still wrapped) but not as much as I’d like/would think they’d be. My first dumb question is would the heat from my hands make them more pliable in order to mold them into “lights” or is there an easier way. 

Secondly how how would I attach the “lights” to the already dried royal icing and get them to stay?

TIA

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Dec 2017 , 8:27pm
post #2 of 4

Welllll...........this  'airhead'hasno idea what a 'airhead' is.    My suggestion regarding how to attach them once  you do get them ade would be to use royal icing or melted chocolate. Probably just a dot on the back/end should hold them in place

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 18 Dec 2017 , 8:51pm
post #3 of 4

You could probably heat up the airheads in the microwave for a few seconds just to get them to be a bit more pliable.  But the warmth of your hands would most likely work as well, but it would just take a bit more elbow grease on your part.

As for attaching them, just use some royal icing or melted chocolate like kakeladi said.

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 19 Dec 2017 , 10:52am
post #4 of 4

"Airheads" are taffy,

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%