Friday Night Cake Club For 11/10/17

Decorating By catlharper Updated 13 Nov 2017 , 4:53pm by Carla83

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 13 Nov 2017 , 4:58am
post #1 of 6

Starting up another FNCC! Hi everyone! I'm back from vacation! Hope everyone had a great week and that there are lots of cake photos to share!

Cat

5 replies
me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 13 Nov 2017 , 5:50am
post #2 of 6

I had a wedding cake to deliver on a scorching Aussie 37C (I think that's about 98F) day! Thankfully my car's air con is amazing and the room at the venue wasn't too hot.

Handpainted edible gold paint and a fresh flower collar separator tier. 

Friday Night Cake Club For 11/10/17

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 13 Nov 2017 , 11:57am
post #3 of 6

Me_me1 Beautiful cake. Glad your the air in car was working and yes that is 98 degree. 

Cat hope you had a great vacation. 

I baked my last cake for the month (I think). It was for my niece and she and her friends loved it.  I know the buttercream could have been smoothier but it was getting late. Friday Night Cake Club For 11/10/17Friday Night Cake Club For 11/10/17

Carla83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carla83 Posted 13 Nov 2017 , 1:35pm
post #4 of 6

My weekend,  60 cake pops for a baby shower and a turkey cookie platter inspired by an old post on Sweet Sugarbelle's website 

Friday Night Cake Club For 11/10/17Friday Night Cake Club For 11/10/17

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Nov 2017 , 4:18pm
post #5 of 6

love all the stuff -- but i m especially intrigued by the turkey cookie -- was thinking of what i could do within my power for thanksgiving -- i really like that -- festive, fun, cute, not an overload of sugar -- all good -- wonderfully done!

wonder if it would be the same effect if i glazed the cookies -- sometimes you need those edges sharp to make it happen kwim  --

but the cutie patootie turkey is so cool with the little scrolls on his hat and the little red dooey by his nose -- just right!!

now all i need is some energy hahahahahah

Carla83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carla83 Posted 13 Nov 2017 , 4:53pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks k8, like I said I got that idea from Sweet Sugar Belle's site, the turkey body is a combo of a snowman and egg cookie put together. I'm going to try putting them on sticks to make into a bouquet out of them, I think they would be a super cute dessert table centerpiece :-) 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%