What Am I Doing Wrong???????

Lounge By joajup Updated 9 Nov 2017 , 2:53pm by remnant3333

joajup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joajup Posted 8 Nov 2017 , 1:32am
post #1 of 4

My cakes always collapse on one side. I always use cake mix from a box.  Even if its one tier, they collapse on one side. Whyyyyyy???? What am I doing wrong?????

3 replies
me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 8 Nov 2017 , 2:27am
post #2 of 4

Sounds weird! And frustrating for you   :(

My first thought is an issue with temperature in your oven? Do you turn the pan halfway through?

Maybe if you step us through your process someone might have a better idea of what's going wrong.

CupCake.Goddess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupCake.Goddess Posted 8 Nov 2017 , 1:52pm
post #3 of 4

It sounds as if heat is only getting to one side of the cake or you are opening the oven door where that side is exposed.  Does this happen only with cakes?

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 9 Nov 2017 , 2:53pm
post #4 of 4

Buy yourself an oven thermometer to put inside oven to see if your oven temperature is correct. My friend had an oven that was gas and something was wrong with the oven because it was not cooking food properly on one side. Hopefully you will find out what is wrong. 

Also, do you use bakers release on the sides of your cake pans? Someone told me to just spray the bottom only because cake is not able to grab the sides of cake pan if grease is sprayed on sides so now I only do bottoms of pan. I do run a butter knife around edges before putting cake on cooling tray. I also use parchment paper in bottoms of my cake pans. Hopefully others here can give better advice since I am no expert. Hope you figure out what the issue is soon!! Good luck!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%