Art Deco/great Gatsby/geo Design Stencils Help Needed

Decorating By MrsAB Updated 27 Oct 2017 , 2:58pm by MrsAB

MrsAB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
8 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Oct 2017 , 9:06pm
post #2 of 9

I'm guessing yhou don't have time to order them from that company?  Where are you located? 

kakeladi Posted 23 Oct 2017 , 9:13pm
post #3 of 9

I just did a quick google search and found one offered on esty....maybe the other is there too. 

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 24 Oct 2017 , 6:30pm
post #4 of 9

You might have to pay for quick shipping to have it by then or you could print up the design yourself. Put it underneath wax paper and trace it with black and white piping gel which you can buy at Micheal's or any cake craft store. Take the wax paper and gently place it on top of your cake and the design will transfer to your cake. Just a thought. I have several stencils but have never used them yet. I have however done a buttercream transfer before and they turn out pretty good. If you are not familiar with buttercream transfers then look on youtube and type it in. You will see several videos. Good luck and let us know if you can get the stencil for your cake in time. 

kakeladi Posted 25 Oct 2017 , 12:54am
post #5 of 9

Yes, making one's own stencil is a great idea.  Have done that many times.  A bit better than waxed paper is to use parchment or freezer paper but they all work - these 2 last a bit longer/better.

MrsAB Posted 25 Oct 2017 , 3:55pm
post #6 of 9

Hello Kakeladi.  I’m in Maryland and the company doesn’t deliver to the US.  Only to the Uk and Europe.

MrsAB Posted 25 Oct 2017 , 4:08pm
post #7 of 9

@Kakeladi, do you mind sending me the link of the one you found o Etsy?  I didn't have any luck finding any of the ones I posted.  I tried there at the beginning of my search.

@Remnant3333, thank you for the suggestion.  Definitely worth investigating if all else fails.  But I'm hoping to find the stencil in time.  :)

Thank you both for your suggestions!!!

MrsAB Posted 27 Oct 2017 , 2:58pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks again @Kakeladi!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%