Newbie Needing Help

Decorating By Phillippab Updated 20 Oct 2017 , 5:11pm by inthekitchen2

Phillippab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phillippab Posted 18 Oct 2017 , 9:11pm
post #1 of 5

Newbie Needing Help

Making a devils shirt cake for my son in November. Decided to have a practice at the logo and didnt go well. Tried in fondant and it just looks pants. How would you all make this. Im not a processional and only make a cake once a year for my son this is the only thing i just cant get my head around

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Oct 2017 , 9:28pm
post #2 of 5

I would find someplace that prints icing sheet and put it on a thin fondant plaque  OR have it printed on wafer paper which can be place directly on an iced cake.  Some Wal-Marts, grocery stores, or a cake supply shop should be able to print it for you

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 18 Oct 2017 , 9:41pm
post #3 of 5

what about you make a copy the size you want-- cover both sides with clear packing tape or laminate it -- cut it out and then cut out significant areas of design -- like the eyebrows -- but not all the way -- leave it connected by little bits -- like if you cut out his chin -- you can eyeball most of the "e" and "i"but you can make a cut on the outer edges of those letters -- just pick out essential places to cut -- and fill in the blanks -- kwim?

so dry out your fondant piece -- cut it in this shape or whatever shape -- trace the logo -- fill in using americolor gourmet markers -- you can even cut the tip if you want to make it pointier -- but don't use them like a marker on paper use a soft touch --

or you could do a frozen buttercream buttercream -- 

best to you -- you got this 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 18 Oct 2017 , 9:45pm
post #4 of 5

omg -- i'm watching this video and she says count 30 drops of food color -- i'd go nuts counting 30 drops but still it's a good method :)

inthekitchen2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inthekitchen2 Posted 20 Oct 2017 , 5:11pm
post #5 of 5

I was going to say the buttercream transfer method as well. It really is easy. Just make sure to pipe the reverse image of it, or it will be backwards on your cake. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%