Thank You Jackie, Heath, Cc Members For 7 Great Years!

Lounge By Apti Updated 18 Oct 2017 , 9:25pm by -K8memphis

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 17 Oct 2017 , 12:01am
post #1 of 8

Dear Jackie and Heath and Darling CakeCentral members,

Just wanted to send a HUGE Thank You for the CakeCentral community that has been available since I baked my first cake in the Wilton course at Michaels in Feb 2010.  Through the learning phase to the encouraging phase, and finally to the ability to teach Cake Decorating to others phase--Cake Central has always been a constant.

So many members have been friends online and it is hoped that I have been able to repay some of the many, many kindnesses offered by members of CC by helping others learn.    Thank you Jackie and Heath for fighting all the battles with advertising, spam, viruses and difficult members to keep this resource alive and vibrant for cake people all over the world!  Thank you to SOOOOOO many members I've "spoken with" since 2010.  

CakeCentral helped me transition from a raw newbie trying out a hobby for the very first time, to a person who just finished teaching Cake Decorating and Chocolate courses to community members in a local Adult School.  It has been a seven-year "vacation"!    I'm keeping a few things and letting my San Diego Cake Club members go through the remainder (enough to start a Bakery!!!), and donate whatever they feel is appropriate toward our Cake Club's chosen charity:  Ronald McDonald House.  

Although I never achieved "mastery" of the cake skills, I at least know HOW all those amazing cakes and chocolates are done by others.   Now, I'm off to learn everything I can about my new hobby:  Polymer Clay.   After that my sights are set on Watercolor painting.   After that???  who knows....   I'm sure I'll buy waaaaay too much stuff each time, but the journey is priceless.

Apti

7 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 17 Oct 2017 , 6:40pm
post #2 of 8

love you, apti!! what a sweet post -- you're the best green_heart 

blush

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Oct 2017 , 9:43pm
post #3 of 8

How nice of you to put into words  what many of us think every day but don't ever put it into print.

Sure hope we will still see you around here now and then. 

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 17 Oct 2017 , 11:46pm
post #4 of 8

What a lovely thoughtful post Apti..❤

aldonza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aldonza Posted 18 Oct 2017 , 6:10am
post #5 of 8

I don't know what I would do without cake central! It's an excellent resource and the cake artistry is beyond anything I have ever seen!

-K8memphis Posted 18 Oct 2017 , 1:09pm
post #6 of 8

aldonza, i know -- i love to come here because 99% of the time it's like a vacation to talk about lovely cake creations and all that that entails even if it is crazy customers because i and i'm sure many of us need a safe place to momentarily 'get out of the world' kwim? 

this is one of the most refreshing places on earth for me -- an oasis

big thank yous, jackie, heath, leanne

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 18 Oct 2017 , 3:39pm
post #7 of 8

Image result for idyllic oasis + cake

-K8memphis Posted 18 Oct 2017 , 9:25pm
post #8 of 8

you got that right, apti!

don't be a stranger, gf

Quote by @%username% on %date%