Which Piping Tip Is This, Please?

Decorating By lareena Updated 14 Oct 2017 , 6:29pm by remnant3333

lareena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lareena Posted 14 Oct 2017 , 1:36am
post #1 of 7

Hi all,

Can someone please tell me which piping tip is used in this photo, please? I would love to do these for my twins birthday party.

Which Piping Tip Is This, Please?

Many thanks for your help & answer!

6 replies
rychevamp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rychevamp Posted 14 Oct 2017 , 2:15am
post #2 of 7

I’m thinking that it’s a petal tip and each petal is piped in a circle around the cupcake. At first I kinda thought St. Honore but this looks thinner than that. Just a guess though. 

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 14 Oct 2017 , 3:58am
post #3 of 7

It's one of those new ball-shaped tips

s-l1600.jpg

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 14 Oct 2017 , 2:25pm
post #4 of 7

Here's a video showing those russian tips above but they look just slightly different than the above picture to me.  Maybe they have several different types of those tips above.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 Oct 2017 , 6:21pm
post #5 of 7

Wow, I can't beieve the wonderful new tips that are coming out!  Makes me wish I wans't retired :)

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 Oct 2017 , 6:24pm
post #6 of 7

BTW: that cake sure ends up w/a lot of icing!   Even for me - who LOVES! b'cream :)  I think I'd start w/a semi-naked cake since it is completely covered with more.  Of course everyone will have a slightly different version of it but still.....

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 14 Oct 2017 , 6:29pm
post #7 of 7

Yeah, those russian tips are pretty awesome. I have two of the ones above and several of the other ones which pipe roses, tulips, snowflakes, etc. They are very easy to use and even a beginner could use them. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%