Ck Products Anyone?

Decorating By mami2sweeties Updated 6 Oct 2005 , 1:12pm by jekizer

mami2sweeties Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mami2sweeties Posted 3 Oct 2005 , 9:39pm
post #1 of 15

I was wondering about comments re:CK products. The cake place I get my supplies at sells mostly CK products.

I bought gumpaste mix and was hoping someone has used it and had any advice.

I can't get myself to buy the Wilton gumpaste or gum-tex. It is sooo expensive.

This was only $3.50.

14 replies
HollyPJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HollyPJ Posted 3 Oct 2005 , 9:44pm
post #2 of 15

Hi!

I love CK gumpaste mix. It's very easy to make and work with. My only suggestions are to not add all the water at once--I found that this made the gumpaste softer than I wanted and I had to knead in more gumpaste mix.
Also, be sure and let it rest according to the package directions before you start working with it.

I like the CK much better than the Wilton. I think it makes a nicer finish. And it's cheaper!

I've used CK's royal icing mix and it worked quite nicely, too.

Good luck!

mami2sweeties Posted 3 Oct 2005 , 11:59pm
post #3 of 15

Thanks. I was so excited when I found this. I could not believe the price. I can't wait to try it. I made MMF roses and now trying gumpaste,

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 6:16am
post #4 of 15

what CK ...and where besides the local stores can you get it??? my local bake shop doesnt have

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 11:38am
post #5 of 15

Thanks for the tip! I am going to try them out.

irisinbloom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisinbloom Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 12:01pm
post #6 of 15

I purchased some Ck icing color(red) and love it, a lot better than Wiltonicon_smile.gif

mami2sweeties Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 1:03pm
post #7 of 15

The bakery I go to sells CK brand name products. It is the only place I get them. I don't do cakes for a business so I don't get them online.

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 1:05pm
post #8 of 15

If you don't have a liscense you can order them from countrykitchensa.com they are great!

jekizer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jekizer Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 1:12pm
post #9 of 15

Lastingmoments,

What cake decorating shop are you using here in SA? I haven't really found a great one yet. Any suggestions?

lastingmoments Posted 5 Oct 2005 , 4:47am
post #10 of 15

Lucys cake shop off of 410 near 90..... I wouldnt say it great but its something other than micheals or hobby lobby.... they carry mostly wilton pans, have classes and sell some already made icings and royal flowers ....but nothing to impressive....
Its a place that I can run to when im in a hurry..

They pretty much cornered the market in my neighborhood as far as cakes go but i dont hink there cakes are great .....

jekizer Posted 5 Oct 2005 , 1:14pm
post #11 of 15

The cakes that I have seen them do have been nothing to write home about. Terry's is probably the best shop that I have found in the city. Have you tried there? It is OK, but I am looking for something with a little bit more selection.

lastingmoments Posted 5 Oct 2005 , 7:07pm
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekizer

The cakes that I have seen them do have been nothing to write home about. Terry's is probably the best shop that I have found in the city. Have you tried there? It is OK, but I am looking for something with a little bit more selection.

No I havent tried Terrys can you tell me where that is.....

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 5 Oct 2005 , 7:39pm
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mami2sweeties

I was wondering about comments re:CK products. The cake place I get my supplies at sells mostly CK products.

I bought gumpaste mix and was hoping someone has used it and had any advice.

I can't get myself to buy the Wilton gumpaste or gum-tex. It is sooo expensive.

This was only $3.50.

THEY ARE GREAT!!!!!! Whenever I can I buy CK products. The meringue powder is MUCH more cheaper if you buy them thru them, as well as their candy melts and such....

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Oct 2005 , 7:41pm
post #14 of 15

I hear their Gel in the big container is good..haven't tried any yet!!

jekizer Posted 6 Oct 2005 , 1:12pm
post #15 of 15

lastingmoments....

Terry's is on El Monte Blvd, right behind the Goodwill Store. I am horrible with directions, but their number is 210-341-1574. The lady that owns the shop can give you awesome directions.

Good Luck and let me know what you think. I would love to see if they are better than Lucy's.

BTW... what is CK?[/quote]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%