Friday Night Cake Club For 9/22/17

Decorating By catlharper Updated 27 Sep 2017 , 6:09pm by CupCake.Goddess

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 23 Sep 2017 , 4:14am
post #1 of 14

Opening up another session of the FNCC! Everyone is welcome here. ALL levels of cakers are welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help if needed or provide help if they can!

Cat

13 replies
catlharper Posted 23 Sep 2017 , 4:17am
post #2 of 14

Starting up a bit late tonight because I was working photographing a Chef at a Museum dinner. It's so much fun to see them create the edible art in front of me. Oh, and I get fed too!! Ah-mazing food!

Anyways, here is my cake this week. It's a pumpkin spice cake with a buttercream filling and MMF cover. Each month I make a dessert for the staff birthdays and this month there were two of my friends. One doesn't like cake but loves cookies so I made a whole bunch of cookies for him. The other is a fellow Harry Potter fan so a Golden Snitch was her birthday cake!

shellbell181 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellbell181 Posted 23 Sep 2017 , 8:00am
post #3 of 14

Wow catlharper that golden snitch is perfect!! I did finish this cake a few days ago and put it up on last weeks post but the pictures weren't very good and they came out sideways so thought I'd put some more picture up hope u guys don't mind!!☺️☺️ This one was pretty time consuming and I made the bee wings out of gelatin plastic!! Quite happy with how this one came out!!Friday Night Cake Club For 9/22/17Friday Night Cake Club For 9/22/17

shellbell181 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellbell181 Posted 23 Sep 2017 , 8:17am
post #4 of 14

Friday Night Cake Club For 9/22/17Friday Night Cake Club For 9/22/17

catlharper Posted 24 Sep 2017 , 2:12am
post #5 of 14

shellbell181 Wow! these are MUCH better photos! Those bees are INSANE! For a second I thought "oooo..real bees got into the cake!" LOL! Incredible!

Carla83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carla83 Posted 24 Sep 2017 , 3:12am
post #6 of 14

BEAUTIFUL!  I love the golden snitch cake, I'm a huge Harry Potter fan as well. These were two weeks ago before I know about the FNCC posts but I made these for my daughter's 13th birthday. Friday Night Cake Club For 9/22/17

catlharper Posted 24 Sep 2017 , 3:31am
post #7 of 14

Carla83  Oh my gosh! Totally LOVE those!

Carla83 Posted 24 Sep 2017 , 5:04am
post #8 of 14

@catlharper ‍ Thanks!‍ they were so much fun but that dang Griffindor red was soooo hard to get!  

Carla83 Posted 24 Sep 2017 , 5:12am
post #9 of 14

@catlharper ‍ Thanks! They were fun and she LOVED them but man was that Griffindor crimson a pain to get. I swear I went through an entire small tub of burgundy gel and the remnants of my red adding black and brown to get it darker. I don't think I could ever duplicate that color if I tried!

cara1982 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cara1982 Posted 24 Sep 2017 , 5:56pm
post #10 of 14

So I haven't baked for about 18 months, but have come out of retirement for my nephews 1st birthday 

catlharper Posted 25 Sep 2017 , 1:25am
post #11 of 14

cara1982  Well, I think it's safe to say that you haven't lost your touch! That is so cute...really good clean work too!

Cat

CupCake.Goddess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupCake.Goddess Posted 27 Sep 2017 , 4:25pm
post #12 of 14

All of these cakes are so beautiful! I'm still at the amateur stage but I'm very proud of the birthday cake I made for my daughter.  It took forever to cut and press all of the ruffles but she was happy so that's all that matters. : ) Friday Night Cake Club For 9/22/17Friday Night Cake Club For 9/22/17

catlharper Posted 27 Sep 2017 , 4:58pm
post #13 of 14

CupCake.Goddess  Ruffles are harder than one thinks they would be! I bet your daughter was just thrilled with it! Keep having fun and keep challenging yourself with new techniques and you will see your talent grow by leaps and bounds! 

Cat

CupCake.Goddess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupCake.Goddess Posted 27 Sep 2017 , 6:09pm
post #14 of 14

@ catlharper Thank you so much!! I worked so hard on them yet I completely wrecked the bottom tier when I initially began so I had to do it all over again.  The bottom was supposed to be a marble baby blue.  It took from 4:30pm till 4am for me to finish.  Hopefully, as I keep making them, I'll get faster.  It was a lot of work but seeing her smile made all the difference.  It was definitely better than the Edward/Twilight cake. I'll have to tell you the story one day.  ; )

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%