Cakes Sweating In Display Case

Baking By allysarae Updated 10 Sep 2017 , 9:37pm by remnant3333

allysarae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allysarae Posted 9 Sep 2017 , 2:52pm
post #1 of 3

Help! We have a refrigerated display case in our bakery, but all of our desserts have had a ton of condensation on them and we're not sure why. We need to have the refrigerated case for health code reasons, and we can't box them otherwise there's no point to the display case. Anyone have any knowledge on this?

2 replies
sewsugarqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsugarqueen Posted 10 Sep 2017 , 4:51pm
post #2 of 3

We had the same problem at the bakery I worked at with newer display cases.  You will need to adjust the temp very carefully to prevent the excess humidity that is causing the sweating.  Frequent opening and closing of doors in really high temps also caused this problem on occasion.  Hope this info helps.  Write down and keep a chart of temp changes by a few degrees and see how product handles it.  Good luck  ( never thought I would be wishing back for the 50 year old equipment we had... it never caused the product to sweat and had more space than the new units)

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 10 Sep 2017 , 9:37pm
post #3 of 3

I agree that the old equipment was made better. Things that were made in America were much better. Now everything is made in China and they have no quality control. I would love to see the factories come back to America and put our children back to work!!!

Hopefully, you will figure out at what temperature to adjust the display case for!! Good luck!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%