Does Anyone Make Their Own Luster Dust? (Not Petal Dust). If So, How?

Decorating By CupCake.Goddess Updated 12 Sep 2017 , 6:18pm by CupCake.Goddess

CupCake.Goddess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupCake.Goddess Posted 8 Sep 2017 , 7:35pm
post #1 of 3

I'm spending way too much money on luster dust.  I don't like having to be careful with the amount I use.  I've researched all of the ingredients yet have found no data concerning how to mix the products.  China provides the opportunity to purchase the ingredients in bulk so I can make a ton of it.  Only one problem: I need instructions on how to combine them.  I'm aware of using food safe products regulated by the FDA.  I don't want to kill anyone for pete's sake.  :(  I'm not interested in petal dust.  I don't use enough of it to want to make it in large quantities.  Sorry for the long post but its really important to me to learn.  And please stay safe everyone! Irma is headed our way in a couple of days.  YIKES!

2 replies
maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Posted 8 Sep 2017 , 11:48pm
post #2 of 3

Well, suffice it to say that since China has seen fit to poison both dogs and babies with adulterated products, I wouldn't buy raw ingredients [or finished products] from there for all of the tea in the country.

US companies that make luster dusts have vetted suppliers and are inspected, with random testing done on ingredients to insure safety.  Part of the cost of the products is that safety assurance.

You could surely contact any one of the major suppliers and see what kind of deal you could get on a bulk purchase.  They'd likely need assurances that you're not a re-labeler/re-seller.......

CupCake.Goddess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupCake.Goddess Posted 12 Sep 2017 , 6:18pm
post #3 of 3

Hi @ maybenot!  Do you have a link to these suppliers?  No, I don't resale anything.  I use all of my products. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%