Buttery Firm Yet Light Whipped Cream?

Baking By fathima_sl Updated 9 Sep 2017 , 3:55pm by JustOneMoreCake

fathima_sl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fathima_sl Posted 8 Sep 2017 , 6:19am
post #1 of 3

I recently tried a tres leches cake with a buttery Firm and yet LIGHT whipped cream frosting. It wasn't dense... it was VERY light but tasted like it had more fat

my whipping cream never whips up like that. Is there a way to increase the fat content in whipped cream? my usual whipping cream has 36% fat content... 

It would be great if any of you could help me out. Trying to make for mum's birthday relaxed

2 replies
remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 9 Sep 2017 , 12:19am
post #2 of 3

one cup of heavy cream (I always buy the HEAVY whip cream which has more fat in it)

2 tablespoon clear white piping gel

2 tablespoon 10X sugar

1/2 teapoon vanilla extract

Normally if doing a cake I use 4 times the amount above to make enough to cover cake and pipe with it. This colors well with the Wilton gel colors.  I end up using what is left over to put on top of strawberries.

The heavy cream has a lot of fat in it and makes it really fluffy. Unless you have access to buying the bettercreme this is wonderful frosting. Someone once tasted my tres leche cake with this frosting and they said that it tasted better than the bakery ones. Tried and true!!!

JustOneMoreCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustOneMoreCake Posted 9 Sep 2017 , 3:55pm
post #3 of 3

I whip heavy cream with mascarpone cheese. Makes it thick, stable, and extra delicious!  (a bit of powdered sugar and vanilla, too, of course)  Make sure the cheese is also cold otherwise it will all curdle.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%