Just Frosting No Cake

Decorating By Juds2323 Updated 8 Sep 2017 , 2:01am by -K8memphis

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 5 Sep 2017 , 9:04pm
post #1 of 10

I have a friend who doesn't really like cake but loves frosting.  I was thinking as a thank you for her that I could potentially pipe flowers on skewers and give them to her?  Would they stay on there?  I've only seen people pipe and remove flowers from skewers.  Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Judi

9 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Sep 2017 , 10:02pm
post #2 of 10

Pipe them on candy/sucker 'sticks' - they should stay  on just fine.

Cher2309b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cher2309b Posted 5 Sep 2017 , 10:35pm
post #3 of 10

Just wondering about decorating a melon instead of a cake???

I guess you could either cut a piece off the bottom to balance the whole melon on a board or stand, cover it with fondant and decorate as a cake, or halve the melon and decorate a cake board placed on the cut side????

doz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doz Posted 6 Sep 2017 , 12:42am
post #4 of 10

Does she like cookies?  You can frost/decorate them for her.  

katy_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katy_cakes Posted 6 Sep 2017 , 1:40am
post #5 of 10

I'd probably whip my best batch of frosting, put it in a cute jar with a ribbon and spoon and just give her that! Maybe a package of cookies or graham crackers with it for dipping:) 

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 6 Sep 2017 , 4:42am
post #6 of 10

I know you said she loves icing and that is why you were wanting to use it but what about some modelling  chocolate roses or maybe a cute jar with icing in it and some 'dipping' items, long narrow biscuits, compatible fruits etc.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 Sep 2017 , 1:59pm
post #7 of 10

you can pipe roses and just put them on parchment same like you would place them on a cake only in row after row -- i've piped jillions of buttercream rosebud mints -- in earlier decades a staple at many weddings -- just add peppermint oil --

i've given gifts of butter roses -- pretty for the table on holidays --

hershey's perfectly perfect chocolate frosting makes superb chocolate roses -- they air dry overnight and can just be picked up with your fingers and are FABULOUS! -- but vanilla buttercream does great too --

oh hey -- try the white balsamic buttercream it's a faux cream cheese -- would be LOVELY as a gift -- 

https://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/61811/white-balsamic-american-buttercream

-K8memphis Posted 6 Sep 2017 , 4:26pm
post #8 of 10

and an idea i've never tried is to fashion a piece of foam covered with parchment to sit securely in a shallow basket -- pipe a plethora of flowers covering it from sea to shining sea -- they will adhere to the parchment and look pretty in the basket for a presentation type thing

CupCake.Goddess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupCake.Goddess Posted 6 Sep 2017 , 6:02pm
post #9 of 10

Butter roses... gosh that sound so pretty @ -K8memphis!  Very cool!

-K8memphis Posted 8 Sep 2017 , 2:01am
post #10 of 10

thank you cupcake.goddess -- they really dress up the table -- i made different sizes -- big oversized ones to pass -- little ones to place by each bread plate or whatever

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%