Where Are The Supports On This Cake!

Decorating By Miss.Reynolds Updated 2 Sep 2017 , 8:23pm by gscout73

Miss.Reynolds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Miss.Reynolds Posted 31 Aug 2017 , 10:15pm
post #1 of 7

Does anyone know where the supports are on this cake? I'm thinking they are going through the animals but I feel like the rods I have are too thick and it won't look right. I need this done by Saturday (I'm late and slow.) Please help me! Lol thanks Where Are The Supports On This Cake!

6 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 31 Aug 2017 , 10:29pm
post #2 of 7

I believe Wilton made those.  Don't think they are available anymore except maybe on selling sites like eBay etc.  You might be able to make the animals from fondant or gumpaste around pillars, using 2 plates - covering the bottom one w/icing same as the cake.

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 1 Sep 2017 , 12:52am
post #3 of 7

Those are Wilton Ball Pillars that are covered in fondant. Check EBAY.

Miss.Reynolds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Miss.Reynolds Posted 1 Sep 2017 , 4:16pm
post #4 of 7

Thank you @kakeladi ‍ I think I know exactly what you are talking about. I went to my local bakery supply store and low and behold they didnt sell them either :( Im going to have to build these around the pillars that I bought. 

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 2 Sep 2017 , 1:20am
post #5 of 7

I would do it like this...... If you use straws or doweling for supports : Make your animal, carefully put a hole through them for the supports to run through, sit aside to dry.

Take one cake circle and drill holes in it for the dowels/supports to sit on, glue that firmly to your board that the cake will sit on for decorating, you now have a board that the supports will sit into so that they won't slip around.

when ready to assemble, line up your supports with the top support board and your bottom cake, insert supports, put animals over your supports and put the top cake on.

I would give each animal a flat spot on it's head to give extra balance and support to the top cake.

gscout73 Posted 2 Sep 2017 , 8:22pm
post #6 of 7

Wilton Globe Pillars

41E-xCLDX1L._SY300_.jpg

gscout73 Posted 2 Sep 2017 , 8:23pm
post #7 of 7

ghostly-graveyard-cake-main600.jpg

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%