How Was This Cake Done?

Decorating By DDarkey Updated 27 Aug 2017 , 1:06am by AnnieCahill

DDarkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DDarkey Posted 22 Aug 2017 , 10:46pm
post #1 of 5

I found this cake on Pinterest. The design, like many others like it is unique. Can someone tell me how this was designed. Was it done with an icing tip?How Was This Cake Done?

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Aug 2017 , 10:15pm
post #2 of 5

Looks to me like the design was slightly piped on a sheet cake to give some demention to the dog,  then covered w/piping from a small round or star tip (star fill-in method).

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 24 Aug 2017 , 12:53am
post #3 of 5

It could also be a buttercream transfer. Look on you tube and watch a video of buttercream transfer. You can find a picture of a dog similar to one above and print it up and do buttercream transfer. They are really simple to do!! I have done only one of a power ranger once for a little boy in my neighborhood a couple of years ago. He was really happy with it.

youngj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
youngj Posted 24 Aug 2017 , 3:48am
post #4 of 5

I agree with @kakeladi design piped on a sheet cake then covered with a small round tip. A LOT of work! good luck if this is how you do it!

I have done buttercream transfers, and they are more smooth looking rather than the dots

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 27 Aug 2017 , 1:06am
post #5 of 5

I think they're beads piped similar to a shell border.  Looking at the top part of the hat portion that's what it looks like to me.  Probably a small round tip like a 3 or 4.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%