What Colors?

Decorating By LilacFairy Updated 4 Sep 2017 , 11:38pm by LilacFairy

LilacFairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LilacFairy Posted 22 Aug 2017 , 9:21pm
post #1 of 9

Hi all!

I am currently working on a anniversary cake for my parents,  and can't quite get the colors down.grimacing   It will be mostly white with a white royal icing gazebo (of sortsblush).  I am hoping to have pastel orange and some green shades, but I want some other colored flowers to go with the pastel orange.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

ptL,   Shelby

8 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 Aug 2017 , 9:31pm
post #2 of 9

My suggestion would be a very pale pink w/the edges &/or center a slightly darker shade. 

aldonza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aldonza Posted 22 Aug 2017 , 10:59pm
post #3 of 9

Pale blue would be a complementary color to the pale orange and I love how they look together...like that retro look we see everywhere.  I also love a lilac shade with orange as well. It makes a nice contrast.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Aug 2017 , 9:44pm
post #4 of 9

I also thought about what aldonza suggests - but I like pinks :)   You could probably work all of those together. 

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 26 Aug 2017 , 3:45am
post #5 of 9

I love using this website for colour combination inspiration www.design-seeds.com 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 26 Aug 2017 , 1:19pm
post #6 of 9

I am making roses for a 50th anniversary in December and the lady loves yellow roses.  I've made several yellow roses and thought they were getting really boring, so I included a few in a nice peachy tone and it really made it pop.  I also intend to use small deep maroon accents.  Since you are already in the orange range, maybe add a few pale yellow and I, too, like the idea of pink.

LilacFairy Posted 4 Sep 2017 , 9:15pm
post #7 of 9

Hi!

So sorry... I actually had the cake made before I saw these last three comments, oops!  Thank you so much for all your suggestions!  I ended up doing Orange, (which was a little too dark),  Navy (?) blue, Teal, and a dark green for the leaves.  I failed on the roof of the gazebo...  I had two panels (of the roof) dry and ready, but the last two would just not dry!  I ended up putting an (embarrassing) Wax paper cone for the roof :(.  But hey!  I had the best mud cake recipe on the planet!  So it ended up all right ;).

I'll get a picture to you guys soon!  God Bless!

- Shelby

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Sep 2017 , 9:19pm
post #8 of 9

awesome! cake decorators always have plans a,b,c,d,e,f,g...xyz clap you rock!

LilacFairy Posted 4 Sep 2017 , 11:38pm
post #9 of 9

Here's the link - The "navy blue" flowers are darker than I would've liked them to be.

https://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/3400504/gazebo-wedding-anniversary-cake

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%