Friday Night Cake Club For 8/18/17

Decorating By catlharper Updated 22 Aug 2017 , 2:48pm by catlharper

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 19 Aug 2017 , 3:23am
post #1 of 8

Opening up another session of the FNCC. ALL levels of cakers are welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you can.

Cat

7 replies
catlharper Posted 19 Aug 2017 , 3:24am
post #2 of 8

We are having a family party tonight so I will share this weeks cakes later on or tomorrow! 

Cat

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 19 Aug 2017 , 5:25am
post #3 of 8

I just finished my cake for my dil's baby shower tomorrow. I had planned something different but after a last minute trip last weekend I had to change the cake. The theme is woodland. Not sure it looks like a baby shower cake, but I think they will like it. Friday Night Cake Club For 8/18/17

Crystal72384 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crystal72384 Posted 21 Aug 2017 , 9:26pm
post #4 of 8

I made this baby shower cake for my cousin. The theme was lumberjack/forest animals. Friday Night Cake Club For 8/18/17

Marian64 Posted 22 Aug 2017 , 12:26am
post #5 of 8

@Crystal72384 ‍ Such a cute cake. How did you do the bark on the tree it is great.

catlharper Posted 22 Aug 2017 , 2:16am
post #6 of 8

Oh my gosh everyone! Those are SUCH cute cakes!  Marian64 and Crystal72384 Those are just the cutest forest cakes I have seen all year! SO cute!  

Sorry I haven't been around...it wouldn't let me log in since Friday night!

Here are the two cakes....the first one is for my son in laws 40th. Chocolate cake with the Wilton red (I was stuck, it was all I had) but the rest is my own MMF. The cake and the buttercream were good but the red fondant was just ok. 

The second one was for my Museum work. We auctioned off a birthday party and I made the "Art" cake. It was all vanilla, despite how the inside looks! LOL!

Friday Night Cake Club For 8/18/17Friday Night Cake Club For 8/18/17Friday Night Cake Club For 8/18/17

Marian64 Posted 22 Aug 2017 , 10:25am
post #7 of 8

@catlharper ‍I love the art cake. I haven't master making MMF so I understand about using the Wilton. Most of the time when the cake is served it ends up in the trash. 

catlharper Posted 22 Aug 2017 , 2:48pm
post #8 of 8

@Marian64 ‍ Really dark colors are very hard to make with MMF unless you use a LOT of color...then it tastes terrible. I usually use Duff's fondant but I have to order it online and for too long this party was up in the air due to different schedules and plans so I put it off till it was too late and I had to settle for the Wilton. It was ok...he loved his cake!

Cat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%