Doctored Yellow Cake Mix

Baking By Curiarte777 Updated 13 Aug 2017 , 7:56pm by kakeladi

Curiarte777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curiarte777 Posted 13 Aug 2017 , 4:57pm
post #1 of 3

Hello everyone I was hoping someone could help me out. I've tried many scratch vanilla cake recipes and some have come okay and others not so good. I've also done many doctored cake mix recipes and lately I have not had much luck. The WASC has been coming out to dry for my liking, and trying the other way by adding the pudding and sour cream has been coming out to sweet and to moist almost mushy. Down to point now,, i saw a tutorial on YouTube and the baker made a cake mix with 2 sticks of butter 4 eggs and 1 cup of milk, and that's all she added to it. The cake look so buttered and delicious, and sturdy. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried this recipe out? Does it hold its shape well? How is the crumb? And does it store well in the fridge? Is it yummy? I like to bake and decorate 3 days later of course wrapping my cakes in plastic wrap. Thank you for any input!

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Aug 2017 , 6:39pm
post #2 of 3

i only know that cakes made with butter do not typically do well when they are fridged -- they don't pop back to room temp softness --

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Aug 2017 , 7:56pm
post #3 of 3

I cannot say anyone has ever said the WASC recipe was dry before :(  I cannot believe it if you are using the *original* recipe:   https://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/7445/the-original-wasc-cake-recipe  If y ou follow the instructions I'm sure youwill not have a dry cake!   Maybe you are baking it at too high a temp or leaving it in the oven after it is done.  It IS a more dense cake than a  mix undoctored but not dry.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%