No Cream Cheese, Cream Cheese Frosting!

Decorating By MBalaska Updated 7 Aug 2017 , 10:15pm by TruCake

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 3 Aug 2017 , 9:55pm
post #1 of 9

@-K8memphis ‍ your recipe is featured on the home page this week and I'm fascinated with it. How does this icing spread & hold up? Does it crust? You can't really pipe and decorate with CC icing as it's too soft.   What more can you tell us about this recipe please & thank you.  smilesmile

8 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Aug 2017 , 1:49am
post #2 of 9

mb -- first things first-- if i make it my husband and i eat it on a spoon -- it reminds us of cream cheese mints from by gone days -- it's allure is irresistible --

yes it crusts -- it's a work horse icing -- it's a "not as sweet" american buttercream -- so often cake peeps pooh pooh american bc -- i mean if you make it right with butter and cream it is amazing -- holds up great, spreads well but not like a meringue icing of course -- this would need a method like a hot knife, viva or misted with water like any other american bc  -- 

and the balsamic tangs it up similar to cream cheese without the heavy lifting required -- no refrigeration necessary --

you're so welcome -- thanks for asking -- i think you'll like it --

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 4 Aug 2017 , 2:11am
post #3 of 9

Thank You.  Back in the 80's I used to make those cream cheese mints in little rubber molds.  I loved them, so this icing recipe will be fun to try.

this is once again a reminder that I'm never to old to learn new things.  Cheers!!

-K8memphis Posted 4 Aug 2017 , 2:26am
post #4 of 9

you made my day, my friend -- cheers back atcha

baileybird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baileybird Posted 5 Aug 2017 , 4:59pm
post #5 of 9

I am so glad that this recipe was featured! I am in the process of making a wedding cake and the customer wants the cream cheese icing in August! I usually work with fondant but am excited about using this recipe! I will post a photo of the cake when it is complete! By the way, I have not added all the ingredients up to see how many cups it makes. Can I cheat and ask you? 

thank you!

Dee Baker

-K8memphis Posted 5 Aug 2017 , 7:08pm
post #6 of 9

cups i'm not sure -- but enough to fill and frost an eight or nine inch cake -- hope you enjoy

TruCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TruCake Posted 6 Aug 2017 , 3:00am
post #7 of 9

Where can I find the No Cream Cheese Frosting?  I bake with lots of flavored balsamic's but have not used or even thought about it in any of my butter creams

Would love the recipe!

-K8memphis Posted 6 Aug 2017 , 12:14pm
post #8 of 9

here in recipes called "white balsamic american buttercream":

http://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/61811/white-balsamic-american-buttercream

TruCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TruCake Posted 7 Aug 2017 , 10:15pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%