Wedding Macarons Or Cookies Packaging?

Decorating By Naty Updated 4 Aug 2017 , 2:00am by ypierce82

Naty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naty Posted 3 Aug 2017 , 4:44pm
post #1 of 9

Hello. I have been asked to do 50 wedding favors for a wedding. The Bride is open to whatever i want to make, so i am thinking of macarons or cookies,  or even both. Anyone has pretty and maybe economical packaging ideas? Maybe any that you have made for a Bride?

Thanks!

8 replies
ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 3 Aug 2017 , 5:40pm
post #2 of 9

I got tons of great packaging ideas from just searching the internet for "cookie packaging" or "macaron packaging ideas". If I do cookies, I usually do them in a cellophane bag, tied with coordinating ribbon, and a gift tag that says Thank You, or what ever message they want to use. Macarons can be stacked in small, pretty boxes. You can find templates for boxes online, and use card stock to make them, if you want to go that route. 

Naty Posted 3 Aug 2017 , 8:44pm
post #3 of 9

Thank you for the great tips!

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 3 Aug 2017 , 9:07pm
post #4 of 9

This is my favorite packing:

https://www.google.com/search?site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1536&bih=748&q=cookie+packaging&oq=cookie+packaging&gs_l=img.3..0l10.1208.7368.0.7573.19.18.1.0.0.0.229.1991.2j12j1.15.0....0...1.1.64.img..3.16.1994.0..35i39k1j0i30k1.bSfix5CLH1Q#imgrc=-YUESzdygkxJ8M:&spf=1501794021905

The bags can be bought cheap at Hobby Lobby. Use cardstock to make the foldover tab----you can print if for personal messages. That cardstock also looks great BEHIND the cookie to accent it.

The bag is sealed with a hair flat iron or "seal a meal" thingy....but short time, like 1-2 seconds to seal. Then staple on the "topper/greeting".

TEST the size of the cookie that it fits nicely in the bag. TEST the size of the cardstock behind it in the bag, if any. TEST and cut the "topper" to fit neatly and evenly across the top of the bag before you staple on each side to finish.

This only costs about 5-10 cents each total and looks great displayed on a table. If it is just the monogram of the couple drizzled in the wedding colors, it is soooo easy.

GL!

Bags:

http://www.hobbylobby.com/Party-Baking/Party-Supplies/Treat-Bags-Containers/Mini-Clear-Treat-Bags/p/45929

johnson6ofus Posted 3 Aug 2017 , 9:15pm
post #5 of 9

Wedding Macarons Or Cookies Packaging?

johnson6ofus Posted 3 Aug 2017 , 9:16pm
post #6 of 9

added photo because google link went to main page, not specific photo...HTH

Naty Posted 4 Aug 2017 , 1:15am
post #7 of 9

Johnson6ofus thank you so much for your idea and instructions! The pics really help. I never thought of sealing thebags with a flat iron...that is brilliant!

Thanks again!!

johnson6ofus Posted 4 Aug 2017 , 1:45am
post #8 of 9

you are welcome! I love it because it looks good, is easy and cheap with readily available supplies.

ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 4 Aug 2017 , 2:00am
post #9 of 9

I bought a heat sealer on eBay for 15 bucks. Worth every penny! I've used card stock behind the cookies twice. The first time the cookie left marks that started to grow lol, it didn't look pretty. The second time, I cut a small piece of wax paper just smaller than the cookie, and I didn't have the butter bleed. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%