When Can I Make The Cake?

Baking By kmcook2014 Updated 19 Jul 2017 , 8:40pm by kakeladi

kmcook2014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmcook2014 Posted 19 Jul 2017 , 3:55pm
post #1 of 5

My daughter asked for a Paw Patrol bone shaped cake for her birthday party this Saturday. I plan on making in since it looks fairly simple, except for all the cakes I have to make for it.  I really don't want to spend all day Friday( which is her actual birthday) baking, decorating, then going and meeting out of state family members.  So would it be possible for me do some of the cakes tomorrow( Thursday) and then the rest on Friday with the decorating or bake all the cakes tomorrow and then decorate on Friday? 

4 replies
ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 19 Jul 2017 , 4:35pm
post #2 of 5

I would bake tomorrow, and finish it Friday night for Saturday. If you don't want to do them all tomorrow, baking some tomorrow, and the rest Friday would work, too. I personally like to have all my baking done the same day so I can focus on the decorating. 

kmcook2014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmcook2014 Posted 19 Jul 2017 , 4:55pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you. That's kinda what I was thinking, I always do them the day before and then decorate that night. With this one being so big, I wasn't sure how it would hold up since it won't fit in the fridge. 

ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 19 Jul 2017 , 6:40pm
post #4 of 5

I've seen that cake, and it looks to be a big size. As long as you don't have any perishable fillings in it, it will be perfectly fine on the counter. 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Jul 2017 , 8:40pm
post #5 of 5

Yes, you can bake Thrusday or even today if that works:)  Just wrap it in plastic wrap or put it in a plastic bag.    Don't know what yhou are calling 'big' but to make what I think you are going to make all you need are four 6" rounds (or smaller if you have the pans) and a 6" sq or 7x11 sheet.  Those cakes should all fit in the frige w/o a problem or it can be left out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%