Farmers Market/ Cake Stall In Summer Heat.

Business By clarem123 Updated 14 Jul 2017 , 6:48pm by stampingchrisd_91

clarem123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clarem123 Posted 2 Jul 2017 , 1:14pm
post #1 of 5

Hello, we have our first few fairs and summer events coming up. Last year we had a nightmare in the hot weather with our products melting. Everything on our stall is covered either with glass cloches or the cupcakes are in a display cabinet. I wonder if any of you have any advice on keeping the products cool in the summer heat. It turns into a really stressful day when you're constantly checking if things are with standing the heat. We do have a few cooler boxes where we keep the caramel slices, tiffins that kind of thing, which we can serve from so we just have a couple on display but these don't look very appetizing to customers if they all melty! but we don't have cooler boxes to keep the amount of cupcakes we take with us to these events. Any advice on how you save your buttercream would be much appreciated! I see lovely photos of stalls in the summer and nothing looks like its a melting disaster!! 

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 2 Jul 2017 , 8:36pm
post #2 of 5

About the only thing that comes to my mind is using those large patio umbrells.  Maybe get lg blocks of ice to set your cabinets on.....

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 14 Jul 2017 , 4:48am
post #3 of 5

And make a fake "display" model of each product using a stiffer icing or playdoh or salt clay to "stand up" to the heat. Who says the display items need to be edible?

caketownathens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caketownathens Posted 14 Jul 2017 , 4:09pm
post #4 of 5

I second both the previous posters' ideas. The fake display models would looks fabulous and you wouldn't have to worry about your baked goods melting in the heat!

Try to get your hands on large styrofoam boxes and place bags of ice to keep your cupcakes cool - or dry ice if you can get it.

stampingchrisd_91 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stampingchrisd_91 Posted 14 Jul 2017 , 6:48pm
post #5 of 5

I keep my product in the shade as much as possible. I display them in an acrylic display case so I try to keep doors open to allow air circulation. I also bought ice sheets that don't drip and have draped them over the case and inside on the bottom. I've only tried this once with not much noticeable difference. I'm going to have to try it this weekend and see if I get better results.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%