Nfsc Too Soft

Baking By Eva2 Updated 3 Jul 2017 , 1:30am by Eva2

Eva2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eva2 Posted 1 Jul 2017 , 12:52pm
post #1 of 7

My NFSC come out of the oven fine, but after they sit awhile they are too soft and just fall apart. I have made this recipe hundreds of times and this has never happened before, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 Jul 2017 , 2:02pm
post #2 of 7

add some flour to the remaining cookie dough

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 Jul 2017 , 2:08pm
post #3 of 7

but did your oven go wonky on you? so of course you are baking long enough -- maybe the oven temp is off -- gotta thermometer in there?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Jul 2017 , 7:23pm
post #4 of 7

When a tested/true recipe fails, one must check in your mind what you could have missed.  Are you *sure!* you measured right, added *every* ingredient, etc.   Many times it is our failure to do one or more of those things.   And as K8 said, check your oven. 

Eva2 Posted 1 Jul 2017 , 10:20pm
post #5 of 7

Yes oven temp is good. I did  have a lot of humidity in the air. In fact it had ruined the fondant on a cake and I had to redo it.  Would that have caused the cookies to become so soft that they broke apart?

maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Posted 2 Jul 2017 , 12:04am
post #6 of 7

Quote by @Eva2 on 1 hour ago

Yes oven temp is good. I did  have a lot of humidity in the air. In fact it had ruined the fondant on a cake and I had to redo it.  Would that have caused the cookies to become so soft that they broke apart?

Absolutely.  Sugar is hygroscopic--it attracts water--so left out, things with high sugar contents like fondant and these cookies will go soft quickly.

Eva2 Posted 3 Jul 2017 , 1:30am
post #7 of 7

Thank you everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%