Making Cake Ahead Of Time

Baking By Armstrong1 Updated 15 Jun 2017 , 9:32pm by kakeladi

Armstrong1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Armstrong1 Posted 15 Jun 2017 , 8:26pm
post #1 of 4

Hi!

Im making a 3 tiered rock crawling cake for hubs for his bday. Cake itself is already in sections in freezer. 

1. Im making edible rocks out of white candy melts and oreos. Can i freeze them? 

2. Once i thaw, frost and add rocks to cake whats the best way to store over the next 24 hours? Im hoping to be done a day ahead.

Thanks!

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Jun 2017 , 8:59pm
post #2 of 4

1. Im making edible rocks out of white candy melts and oreos. Can i freeze them? 

Yes, no problem there :)  When it comes out of the fzr it will sweat.   Just don't touch it - let it come to room temp and the sweat will evaporate naturally. 

2. Once i thaw, frost and add rocks to cake whats the best way to store over the next 24 hours? Im hoping to be done a day ahead.

Just store in a cake box on the counter OR it can go in the frig.  I've even kept it on the counter w/o boxing it when it's for family if your home is not hot & humid.  . 

Armstrong1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Armstrong1 Posted 15 Jun 2017 , 9:18pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much! 

Any suggestions for storing the rocks in freezer ( bulk vs separate chunks)? So when its done sweating then i can pull apart and decorate cake?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Jun 2017 , 9:32pm
post #4 of 4

Definately fz them seperately.  No pulling them apart then :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%