How Long Until You Started Getting Business?

Business By Shanelly Updated 13 Jun 2017 , 11:44pm by Shanelly

Shanelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shanelly Posted 7 Jun 2017 , 10:04pm
post #1 of 3

How long did it take you to start getting business? I have only been open a month but im getting discouraged I have only sold one cake. Before I knew you needed a business license I sold cakes for about 3 weeks and sold 3 cakes. Granted I was wayyy to cheap. (I know don't kill me I had no idea I needed a license! I know people that sell them without a license so I thought it was ok) Once I found out I needed a license I turned down all the other orders and stopped advertising on fb to get everything in order.  

Now that I have my license things have been so slow. I get tons of people asking for quotes but only one order. Maybe I'm to expensive? The lowest price here is $2.50 a serving. Average seems to be about $4.75. So I am doing $3 for a basic butter cream and $3.50 for fondant. Not even charging extra the hand made decorations. I don't want to go cheaper because I want to get paid what I deserve. I think my handmade animals and stuff are cute enough to justify the price. Im just discouraged.  

2 replies
Minh Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Minh Cakes Posted 13 Jun 2017 , 12:09pm
post #2 of 3

Hello! Being in business takes courage, patience and a loooong breath. For business and pricing matters, I can highly recommend The Business of Baking blog by Michelle Green. She also has a great class on Craftsy. Go check her out! She also has a great FB group where you can ask questions. Good luck!

Shanelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shanelly Posted 13 Jun 2017 , 11:44pm
post #3 of 3

Quote by @Minh Cakes on 11 hours ago

Hello! Being in business takes courage, patience and a loooong breath. For business and pricing matters, I can highly recommend The Business of Baking blog by Michelle Green. She also has a great class on Craftsy. Go check her out! She also has a great FB group where you can ask questions. Good luck!

Thank you I will check her out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%