Help With Sugar Dress Please!!

Decorating By Rpearson31 Updated 7 Jun 2017 , 6:41pm by Rpearson31

Rpearson31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rpearson31 Posted 2 Jun 2017 , 2:28am
post #1 of 5

I am using Martelato sugar dress for the very first time on a two tier anniversary cake, which will really be more like a wedding cake.  The question that I can't seem to find the answer to anywhere is whether the finished edible lace can be placed on the cake and stored in the refrigerator.  Everything I find related to refrigerating sugar dress relates to storing the leftover mix in the fridge but no about storing the finished lace on the cake in the fridge.  Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks in advance!!!

4 replies
Rpearson31 Posted 2 Jun 2017 , 12:53pm
post #2 of 5

Bump, please! I really need help! I am fairly new in this is only my second wedding cake but I have done a ton of tiered birthday cakes. Any help is greatly appreciated! 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 2 Jun 2017 , 2:42pm
post #3 of 5

I have never used Martelato Sugar Dress because I make my own cake lace, nor have I refrigerated the lace, so am no help there.  Why not try a small sample and see?  If the cake will be covered in fondant, take a piece of fondant and add a piece of the lace and put in the refrigerator  and monitor it's progress. If buttercream, do the same thing on a piece of parchment paper or a cake pan.

Grannies Goodie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Grannies Goodie Posted 3 Jun 2017 , 3:36am
post #4 of 5

I use Sugar Dress and I have found that it stores great in the fridge when placed on the cake first! Just don't touch it when you take the cake out until the condensation drys. Don't store the left over lace in the fridge! Good luck!

Rpearson31 Posted 7 Jun 2017 , 6:41pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks so much for your help, Grannies Goodie!  I did store in the fridge with no problem!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%