Frosting Sheets

Decorating By CalaMom Updated 1 Jun 2017 , 2:38am by SandraSmiley

CalaMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CalaMom Posted 31 May 2017 , 1:50am
post #1 of 6

I came across these pics (on Pinterestof course lol) and I thought they would be pretty cool to try. But I wouldn't even know where to begin. Frosting SheetsFrosting Sheets

5 replies
GIGGLEBOX2014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 31 May 2017 , 2:11am
post #2 of 6

The first one definitely looks a little more complicated to get the image around the corners, but the second you simply wrap it around your cake. I've purchased the icing sheets but have yet to use them. Good luck and let us see if you use any! =)

CalaMom Posted 31 May 2017 , 9:34am
post #3 of 6

Would there be any way to do either without a printer?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 31 May 2017 , 8:32pm
post #4 of 6

.........any way to do either without a printer?.......

Not unless you are an excellent artist and hand paint each part.

Just as an aside an issue that has been raised often:  Those pix are of copyrighted images and you cannot legally sell such a cake.

CalaMom Posted 1 Jun 2017 , 1:24am
post #5 of 6

yeah... I can barley draw and evenly proportioned stick figure half the time joy

and if I did anything like that it would purely just for the fun of it/my kids or finances Bday. I haven't even thought/been asked to sell a cake. 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 1 Jun 2017 , 2:38am
post #6 of 6

@CalaMom ‍ , FYI if you ever want to make a cake with a printed image, most grocery stores that sell cakes and Walmart have edible printers and they will print your image for you.  The price I was quoted at Walmart was $2.00 per sheet, which is not bad.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%