First Time With Mmf...don't Know What Happened....

Decorating By lauryn1 Updated 3 Oct 2005 , 5:36pm by MominSC

lauryn1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauryn1 Posted 3 Oct 2005 , 4:52pm
post #1 of 5

I just made my first ever MMF....and it didn't go as easily as I had hoped. First, I'm not sure if I did it right because I have about 1 cup, maybe more, of icing sugar left. The amount of fondant it actually made doesn't look like as much in the picture in the tutorial. How do I know if it's too sticky? Can I add more icing sugar if needed when rolling it out? Any help is appreciated icon_smile.gif

4 replies
MominSC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MominSC Posted 3 Oct 2005 , 5:02pm
post #2 of 5

Oh no...sounds like me.... icon_rolleyes.gif I got really good instructions here...let me see if I can find them... thumbs_up.gif

Beth

MominSC Posted 3 Oct 2005 , 5:08pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Quote:

I have a KA and never use it for making mmf. I actually feel it's easier to make without it. As people have said..

1. Use large bowl as marshmallows will puff up
2. coat bowl with shortening
3. I add a couple tbs of water and/or flavoring to marshmallows before nuking
4. I sift all powdered sugar into a large plastic bag so it is easy to pour out
5. when marshmallows are melted (they may still have shape, but should dissolve when stirred) they are done...VERY HOT so don't touchicon_smile.gif
5. When taken out of microwave, I start adding some powdered sugar right into bowl 1st and stir (coat spoon with crisco).
6. I keep adding PS and stirring until it mixture pulls away from sides, then dump some PS on counter and dump mixture on that and use my hands (should be cooled off someicon_smile.gif to knead and keep adding rest of PS till it's nice ball.
7. I usually add coloring later by kneading in, but can be added to melted marshmallows and stirred in before adding PS.

Thaliaicon_smile.gif

I follow this EVERYTIME I make MMF...thanks again Thalia thumbs_up.gif

lauryn1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauryn1 Posted 3 Oct 2005 , 5:34pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks so much...I will have to try again using that method!

MominSC Posted 3 Oct 2005 , 5:36pm
post #5 of 5

Oh you are welcome icon_biggrin.gif It works like a charm for me everytime.... thumbs_up.gif

Beth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%