Cupcake Decoration With Sugar Pearls

Decorating By gullettgirl Updated 20 May 2017 , 5:55am by GIGGLEBOX2014

gullettgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gullettgirl Posted 18 May 2017 , 12:18am
post #1 of 5

I've been drafted by my family to make 200 cupcakes for my cousin's graduation. Will be doing Wilton Sugar Pearls. They run about 4mm in size and come in a 4.8oz bottle...how many bottles do you think I need to purchase? I was thinking 3...but I don't want a bunch left over. Also, because of the dragees and metal and hard on teeth is why I'm doing sugar pearls...so can I throw them in a baggy with gold luster dust to give them a nice finished look?

4 replies
Minh Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Minh Cakes Posted 18 May 2017 , 1:04pm
post #2 of 5

The Wilton Sugar pearls are pretty hard too, but I love how they look, they're my favourite pearls!

How many pearls are you planning to put on each cupcake? 3 bottles should be enough, from my experience. The gold luster will look nice but it will not make them shiny. Have fun!

kryptonite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kryptonite Posted 18 May 2017 , 2:55pm
post #3 of 5

I think 3 bottles should be plenty. I use this technique to color sugar pearls gold (or any color!). It works beautifully :)

http://ericaobrien.com/blog/gold-dragees-from-yuck-to-yay/#.WR2gNdxOmUk

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 May 2017 , 5:02pm
post #4 of 5

I bet one (or at most 2) is oging to be plenty.  Those dusts really go far!

GIGGLEBOX2014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 20 May 2017 , 5:55am
post #5 of 5

Ya, I agree with Minh Cakes. I think they both are pretty hard candy. I'm not a fan of eating them, but think they are pretty.

Depending on how many you plan to put on each cupcake will decide how many bottles you may want. There is about 140 sugar pearls to one 5oz bottle if I recall the actual servings on the bottle correctly. 

Hope that helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%