Decorations Using Doctored Buttercream Dream By Sarah0418??

Decorating By limige Updated 23 May 2017 , 1:39pm by Alisa555

limige Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
limige Posted 17 May 2017 , 6:23pm
post #1 of 3

The Doctored Buttercream Dream recipe sounds very good to me, as the half butter/half Crisco style of buttercream is my favorite, but I wanted to make something a tad less sweet for those who prefer their frosting that way, and I came across this Doctored Buttercream Dream recipe.  How is it to work with when trying to get a cake smooth?  How is it to work with when making decorations such as roses/flowers, leaves, etc.?  Here is the recipe for reference:  http://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/7336/doctored-buttercream-dream  Thanks!!

2 replies
limige Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
limige Posted 23 May 2017 , 1:18pm
post #2 of 3

Hoping someone can answer, as I am making a graduation cake this weekend and am on the fence about adding Dream Whip.  I am wondering what Dream Whip does to the consistency of frosting.  Does it make it softer?

Alisa555 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alisa555 Posted 23 May 2017 , 1:39pm
post #3 of 3

I have added a few tablespoons of the dream whip in place of milk or cream when I am making buttercream just to make it more smooth and give it a more creamy taste, which didn't cause any problems.  I am not sure about adding a lot of it, I would think it might make it too soft to pipe flowers or use the viva paper towel method to smooth it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%