Pricing Questions And Help For Those Who Want It

Business By kristiemarie Updated 18 May 2017 , 12:10am by kristiemarie

kristiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiemarie Posted 16 May 2017 , 2:50pm
post #1 of 3

I've seen a few threads started about pricing.  

There ate multiple pricing matrix threads here...search pricing matrix.  

They are amazing and super helpful if you're lost on what to charge.  

Also, people need to think about this:  the bakers at Walmart make at LEAST minimum wage.  The skill sets here are higher so wouldn't you say your labor is worth more than minimum wage?  

Basic pricing is supplies + labor (which is hours to bake and deco * your hourly rate)

However, the pricing matrix can take literally everything you can think of into consideration and price it based on cost per slice or overall pricing.  Totally worth looking into.  

Search it! 

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 17 May 2017 , 9:37pm
post #2 of 3

one of the missing links is speed -- if someone charges say $30 for three hours of work that i can do in ten, fifteen minutes there's an issue there -- i get to charge more and work less -- then the person who literally charges by the hour works a lot more and risks burn out --

you need to have a personal standard -- like for example -- making a rose takes me five minutes and takes a newbie a half hour -- newbie's gotta speed that thing up so they can charge what time it should take them and burn the rest till they can advance there kwim?

kristiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiemarie Posted 18 May 2017 , 12:10am
post #3 of 3

Yes!  Thank you!  

I think most people can go by a standard of their area.  If you're charging $200 for a cake everyone else sells for $150, you might need to consider if your work is better or you take longer. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%