What Lengths Have You Gone To Delivering A Cake?

Business By kakeladi Updated 8 May 2017 , 6:29pm by -K8memphis

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 May 2017 , 9:05pm
post #1 of 5

Let's see what interesting/crazy things we have all gone through delivering a cake :)   

One time early in my decorating career I was asked to deliver a cake to a campground overlooking Bass Lake. I was told it was a 'short walk' from the parking area to the location..........yeah, about 1/2 mile over running streams, rocks, and thru the forest! Then there was just an OLD picnic table w/no one around to accept the cake. That memory is starting to fade.....

At an outdoor venue The bride's father had made a special table to display the cake on - individual tiers in stair=step fashion. Instead of bringing the table to me he gave it to the caterer who forgot to bring it to the venue. I had to wait more than 3 hrs while they sent someone back to town for it.    http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/1370959/individual-tiered-floral

For this one the delivery/set-up had to be completed by 7:30 a.m.     http://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/53839/grand-floral-majestic-tower

O.K. let's here your set-up/delivery horror story :)

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 May 2017 , 10:39pm
post #2 of 5

what length you ask? i went over 4,000 miles -- hahahaha -- roundtrip blush

kayra850 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayra850 Posted 8 May 2017 , 8:00am
post #3 of 5

very interesting theme. 

Luckily for me, I do not have any scary story to tell. The longest trip I took to deliver a cake was 500 miles roundtrip. Not so far as K8.

kakeladi: your stories are relly horror.

I hope to hear more feom others......

:-)

-K8memphis Posted 8 May 2017 , 6:09pm
post #4 of 5

one of my best ones was way back before i had much cake sense at all -- this experience gave me a ton ha! and i was delivering a cake sans box -- in fire engine hot memphis heat with humidity died to match -- the bride said "you can't miss it" when she gave me the address -- however it wasn't the correct address and i did miss it -- we drove 'round and 'round -- and since it was an easy short delivery i had my hyperactive child in the back with the cake because we were on our way to do something else after the delivery -- hahahahhahahaha -- a-and nobody was answering their phone -- pre-cell days -- because they were all out getting married -- omg -- my bp went up just re-thinking about it

it's funny now.. kind sorta

-K8memphis Posted 8 May 2017 , 6:29pm
post #5 of 5

*kinda

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%