Starting New Forum Conversations Fixed!

Lounge By Jackie Updated 6 May 2017 , 8:23pm by Gerle

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 28 Apr 2017 , 2:29pm
post #1 of 19

There were some random errors generated for users over the last couple of days when trying to start a new conversation in the forum.

That bug has been fixed, thank you to everyone that reported the problem!

http://www.cakecentral.com/forum/conversation/start

18 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 Apr 2017 , 10:00pm
post #2 of 19

thank you, jackie

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 28 Apr 2017 , 11:27pm
post #3 of 19

Thanks!  With these types of programs there's always something!

-K8memphis Posted 2 May 2017 , 11:40am
post #4 of 19

jackie, i'll tell yah one reason why i think the forum is so slow -- when i hit "submit" to post my reply, many times i get "whoops..." blabla it says an error occured or something -- so if i arrow back, copy my raw, unsent post -- hit f5 to refresh -- then paste it in & hit submit without too much delay it will post -- but if i go about editing & waiting a little while it goes through the same "whoops..."

so all that to say it seems that if we wait too long to post it causes problems -- and it seems like all is lost but if you do all that ^^^ you can get it back but it is tiresome --

like for example, this post i'l probably have to do all that -- let's see...

yup it says, " whoops looks like something went wrong"

so just a fyi on that

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 2 May 2017 , 5:21pm
post #5 of 19

Hi @-K8memphis ‍ it I just ran some upgrades this morning, that I believe fixed the bugs you mentioned.  Please let me know if you are still getting any errors. Thanks!

Starting New Forum Conversations Fixed!

-K8memphis Posted 4 May 2017 , 7:27am
post #6 of 19

thanks, jackie, will do blush

-K8memphis Posted 4 May 2017 , 7:53am
post #7 of 19

got it again

dog

DormCat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DormCat Posted 4 May 2017 , 8:16pm
post #8 of 19

I'm still having problems 

Gerle Posted 4 May 2017 , 9:05pm
post #9 of 19

I'm having all kinds of problems.  Have emailed CC but so far they haven't been taken care of.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 May 2017 , 9:54pm
post #10 of 19

The problem I'm having is trying to log in.   *always* it give me an error message.  If I back page and try again it usually goes through.   It really isn't that big a problem for me but has been occuring for weeks (at least).

Gerle Posted 4 May 2017 , 10:00pm
post #11 of 19

I can't favorite any pics and until today, I wasn't able to respond on a forum.  Every time I try to sign in it says "Oops....."  Hopefully it will all be ending soon.

DormCat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DormCat Posted 4 May 2017 , 10:27pm
post #12 of 19

It took me a couple times to post about the bumble bee and after two times of not getting thru in the get to know you forum I gave up 

kept giving me the oops

Gerle Posted 4 May 2017 , 11:09pm
post #13 of 19

I gave up on the get to know you forum as well.  Couldn't get into it at all to post until the last attempt.

Gerle Posted 5 May 2017 , 7:47pm
post #14 of 19

Still can't favorite any pics and yesterday I couldn't respond on forums again after the above post, so let's see if this one goes through.

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 5 May 2017 , 9:41pm
post #15 of 19

Quote by @kakeladi on 23 hours ago

The problem I'm having is trying to log in.   *always* it give me an error message.  If I back page and try again it usually goes through.   It really isn't that big a problem for me but has been occuring for weeks (at least).

Big thanks for the hint! I have'nt been able to log in for days untill now. 

kakeladi Posted 5 May 2017 , 11:03pm
post #16 of 19

Well good Laetia.  It keeps happening, "This page cannot be displayed".  I just page back and the 2nd time it goes through.

Gerle Posted 5 May 2017 , 11:35pm
post #17 of 19

kakeladi, that hasn't worked at all with marking favorite pics.  I keep trying it, and it keeps coming up with the "whoops" message.  Getting very frustrating!

kakeladi Posted 6 May 2017 , 5:27pm
post #18 of 19

Sorry, just thought it might help :(

Gerle Posted 6 May 2017 , 8:23pm
post #19 of 19

Well, back to not being able to favorite any pics and I'll see if this message goes through.  I know they try hard to get the problems taken care of, but I think they have some problems that haven't been handled yet.  Think instead of getting any more frustrated, I just won't post or look at Cake Central for a week or so and then check back to see if it's working properly again or not.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%