Butter Cream Icing Help

Decorating By supercutetoppers Updated 21 Apr 2017 , 2:32am by bubs1stbirthday

supercutetoppers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
supercutetoppers Posted 20 Apr 2017 , 11:59pm
post #1 of 4

I am making a cake for my friend, she doesn't want the cake to be too sweet, so iv'e used a chinese style light cake

I am worried about using butter cream icing because it requires a lot of icing, so my question is can i get the same consistancy of butter cream without too much sugar?

please  can someone answer soon, it;s late in the UK :( i''ve been up all night on the project

thanks guys

Ying

3 replies
Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 21 Apr 2017 , 12:18am
post #2 of 4

A Swiss or Italian meringue buttercream will be much less sweet than one made from powdered sugar.

brianswifey2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brianswifey2009 Posted 21 Apr 2017 , 2:09am
post #3 of 4

That's exactly what I was thinking!

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 21 Apr 2017 , 2:32am
post #4 of 4

If you are happy to keep the cake in the fridge (and depending on what the cake is for this may not be a good option for you) you could use a stabilised whipped cream too.

You can pipe with it and also fill with it and it will hold up well for a couple of days. I actually had someone who was coming over for their birthday yesterday and she ended up not being able to get here, she is coming tonight instead. I piped rosettes on the cake with stabilised whipped cream yesterday mid morning (over a cooked flour frosting crumb coat) and it is still looking the same today as when I first did it yesterday.

It is also my first time doing a rosette style cake and is probably not executed as well as it could be lol but it is still holding strong nonetheless.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%