Cakes To Make In Summer

Baking By pamcakesandcompany Updated 21 Apr 2017 , 9:46pm by kakeladi

pamcakesandcompany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamcakesandcompany Posted 19 Apr 2017 , 5:29pm
post #1 of 4

ALL THESE CAKES LOOK GREAT IN PHOTOS

BUT IN THE REAL WORLD THEY ARE OUT IN LIGHT AND HEAT.

PLEASE TELL ME THE SECRETS OF CAKES TO KEEP OUT OF SUN AND SUNLIGHT SO I CAN GUIDE BRIDES

THIS INFO I WOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR.

BEST,

PAM

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 20 Apr 2017 , 9:25pm
post #2 of 4

I have made many, many b'cream wedding cakes(check my photo album: http://www.cakecentral.com/u/37/kakeladi/gallery)  in central CA where the temp can reach over 100 degrees F.  There is little problem but we don't have humidity.   Many outdoor venues around here provide plenty of shaded areas where a cake can be set up.   Otherwise I tried my hardest to talk brides out of outdoor receptions unless they can provide a shaded area for the cake.

pamcakesandcompany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamcakesandcompany Posted 21 Apr 2017 , 12:53am
post #3 of 4

Good advise.

Thanks I know I read to add more shortening (Hi ratio) but do not like the idea of shorting.

Do you do a lot of butter cream?

Best,

Pam

I will go check out your site

Thanks again

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Apr 2017 , 9:46pm
post #4 of 4

Yes I did most of my decorating using b'cream icing.   Here is the recipe I used most of the time:  http://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/22469/2-icing     Please take the time to read all through the whole post as there is lots of information, hints and tips given in the replies. 

I know many people do not like using shortening.  I have never made it using All butter so I cannot speak to how that might work.  You could try using 2 cups of butter and one or even only 1/2 Cup of shortening.  I am assuming you are not in the United States so I don't kn ow how different your shortening might be. 

BTW: just for your information, typing in all capital letters is considered shouting and rude:) 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%