Challenges With Printing Edible Images

Decorating By wwoman71 Updated 12 Apr 2017 , 2:17am by icingimages

wwoman71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wwoman71 Posted 13 Mar 2017 , 12:28am
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone!

I've been using a Canon pixma MG6821 for a few months now.  I have only had uninterrupted success printing my images a couple of times.  I have done dozens of images which have all caused me a ton of frustration.  For some reason, my printer will stop printing midway through or it will not print at all.  I have to restart my laptop and the printer several times until eventually it prints only some usable images per frosting sheet.  I'm at a loss on what to do. Please help! :-)

6 replies
icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 4 Apr 2017 , 1:57pm
post #2 of 7

It sounds like the program you are using is causing the problem. I have seen some, very few, times where the printer was defective  causing something similar.  First try a different program, make sure your paper settings are correct and see if that helps.  Icing Images has a free online edible printing program for their customers.  Please PM if I can be of further assistance, or email [email protected] and mention you found us on Cake Central and need help! We will do our best for you!

icingimages Posted 4 Apr 2017 , 1:57pm
post #3 of 7

It sounds like the program you are using is causing the problem. I have seen some, very few, times where the printer was defective  causing something similar.  First try a different program, make sure your paper settings are correct and see if that helps.  Icing Images has a free online edible printing program for their customers.  Please PM if I can be of further assistance, or email [email protected] and mention you found us on Cake Central and need help! We will do our best for you!

wwoman71 Posted 10 Apr 2017 , 7:19am
post #4 of 7

Thank you Icing Images for your great help!  I appreciate your reply and all of the advice you offer here!  Unfortunately it's still not working by printing from a different program.  I will contact Canon for more guidance.  

icingimages Posted 10 Apr 2017 , 2:39pm
post #5 of 7

I think you are right and it could be a Canon problem.  Please share with us once you find out what the problem was.  Good Luck

wwoman71 Posted 12 Apr 2017 , 1:54am
post #6 of 7

Spoke to Canon and their first response was that they don't support edible printing, however, the gentleman was kind enough to help me anyway.  We downloaded the printer driver again and he checked the port name for my printer.  We did some troubleshooting then connected via USB and it printed.  Seems that I had too many devices listed as Pixma Mg6800 and there was confusion between the wifi and USB ports.  I think I'm back in business!!  Thank you for your help!

icingimages Posted 12 Apr 2017 , 2:17am
post #7 of 7

We have been using Canon printers worth edibles for close to 18 years now. Canon does not support edibles because they do not make money on the consumables. I am glad you got it working! Please let me know if I can be of further assistance! Happy printing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%