Any Ideas For 1950's Theme?

Decorating By adven68 Updated 5 Oct 2005 , 2:01am by adven68

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 3 Oct 2005 , 2:35pm
post #1 of 10

My cousin wants a theme cake for the 1950's. She suggested a juke box or an lp......I wish I could think of something more creative.....any ideas?......thanks!!!

9 replies
jekizer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jekizer Posted 3 Oct 2005 , 2:44pm
post #2 of 10

Wish I could help you! But I don't have any ideas. I just wanted to bump you up!

adven68 Posted 3 Oct 2005 , 3:53pm
post #3 of 10

Oh there is my post....I couldn't find the darn thing...hee hee....I was looking in the wrong forum.....

again....sorry for the repeat!

bigboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigboots Posted 3 Oct 2005 , 9:40pm
post #4 of 10

What about a pair of roller skates
or a poodle , lps I found this cake pic
of grease.Hope this helps
LL

Phoov Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phoov Posted 3 Oct 2005 , 10:06pm
post #5 of 10

What about that skirted Barbie pan with the doll pic...have the skirt be a poodle skirt made of pink fondant with a fondant poodle on it....you know the look...and barbie could have a ponytail w/pink scarf.....white shirt..... Stand "her" by a square pink fondant cake with fondant record player and records scattered randomly....... icon_smile.gif))))))))))))) Or a "record" border from fondant..... I'm typing out loud here... LOL

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 3 Oct 2005 , 10:18pm
post #6 of 10

You could make a round cake. Then make black fondant to make the lp and put that on top of cake. Make a little red for the center of the lp. If you have any fondant left make some music notes for the sides.. Make the sides of the cake pink or aqua blue.. real fifties colors.. (seen this cake somewhere just cant remember where).
Good luck!

alimonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alimonkey Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 4:40am
post #7 of 10

How about a wonder mold cake with a poodle skirt?

ali

2cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2cakes Posted 4 Oct 2005 , 5:48am
post #8 of 10

My goodness, I can't think of any thing and I was born in the 1950's, I know the ladies wore long cotton dresses and hair worn in a flip style and old classic cars such as imparla, convertibles cars. suitcases were not in style back then, they had brown checker squares as a pattern on the suit case. No such things are clothes dryers, wash clothes using glass or metal scrub board, then later now came the washers with rollers on, where you had to wring clothes out then fill machine with clean water and put clothes back in to rinse and then wring again and then hang clothes outside. Refrigerator came with one handle to open door and a small freezer box that would hold a 3-5 lbs chicken and two trays of ice. There was old fashion stoves, my mother used bricks out doors to cook meals and when finished, she would warm up milk for the bottles. I could go on with more, but I am even sure if this has any thing to do with what you are asking, but at least you have some general ideas when doing your search. Have you try going under www.google.com and type what you are looking for and maybe some ideas might come up and then again you can get images and do the fbct (frozen buttercream transfer) onto your cake.

freddie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddie Posted 5 Oct 2005 , 1:17am
post #9 of 10

I think a Doll cake with a poodle skirt would be cute there is a couple at this site. http://www.wilton.com/dolls/doll_section/viewentries.asp?catid=1
Go to May " Your Choice", Page 3 has a poodle skirt doll on a record or go to January on page 1.

If you want to do an Elvis cake there are a couple cute ones here. http://www.cindascreativecakes.com/Home/homeframe.htm
Go to Miscellaneous in Gallery page 2 there is an Elvis on an LP, or go to Bridal Showers & Grooms Cakes page 6 is an Elvis.

Mentioned this on another topic applied here too.

adven68 Posted 5 Oct 2005 , 2:01am
post #10 of 10

Freddie...I just spent the last 20 minutes admiring the cakes on the website you posted. Creative certainly describes them. Thanks everyone for your ideas! I have a question....was Marilyn Monroe 50's or 60's? Thanks!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%